Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 07:39 AM

Post Any reports for 7/3? (and a quick question!)

I know the store just opened a little bit ago but that's not stopping me from asking the question heh. I'm planning on making a trip very soon, hopefully next week and I've been watching the reports like a hawk the past few weeks. If anyone has anything to report today, feel free to post

Also, quick purchase related question. I applied (and was charged) for a membership to the GCA a few weeks ago but haven't received anything like a membership card. Should I wait around for that or would the CMP have my info?

Thanks!

Last edited by bangel37; 07-03-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:00 AM

The last time I needed to verify my GCA membership, I just sent a copy of the payment receipt to the CMP. They accepted that and promptly shipped my order.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:01 AM

Don't wait around, because even if they don't accept your paid membership without a card, there are a couple of other associations you can join right there @ the CMP for $10 or $15.

Welcome to the foums!

General George S. Patton, in a letter to his son dated June 6th, 1944:
Quote:
"What success I have had results from the fact that I have always been certain that my military reactions were correct. Many people do not agree with me; they are wrong. The unerring jury of history written long after both of us are dead will prove me correct."
Old 07-03-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangel37 View Post
I know the store just opened a little bit ago but that's not stopping me from asking the question heh. I'm planning on making a trip very soon, hopefully next week and I've been watching the reports like a hawk the past few weeks. If anyone has anything to report today, feel free to post

Also, quick purchase related question. I applied (and was charged) for a membership to the GCA a few weeks ago but haven't received anything like a membership card. Should I wait around for that or would the CMP have my info?

Thanks again!
The CMP should have your info. As long as you checked the box that allowed the GCA to send your info to the CMP, you should be fine. To be safe you could always just print your receipt off from your GCA membership and that should be enough proof if you still haven't received your membership card. I plan on going to the north store here in the next couple of weeks to pick up another M1.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:08 AM

Thanks for the quick responses everyone, very helpful!
Old 07-03-2013, 10:17 AM

I was there this morning and picked up a 1944 Winchester service grade with the original barrel gauging less than a 1 at the muzzle and a gi stock.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbasuwannee View Post
I was there this morning and picked up a 1944 Winchester service grade with the original barrel gauging less than a 1 at the muzzle and a gi stock.
Good grab, was it just a regular SG or an SGS? And if it was a SG, were there many available?

Thanks.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:47 AM

There were 3 service grades and 2 field grades when I got there at 0915. I believe all the service grades were gone by the time I left.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbasuwannee View Post
pics or it didn't happen

General George S. Patton, in a letter to his son dated June 6th, 1944:
Quote:
"What success I have had results from the fact that I have always been certain that my military reactions were correct. Many people do not agree with me; they are wrong. The unerring jury of history written long after both of us are dead will prove me correct."
Old 07-03-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8huckins View Post
pics or it didn't happen
I was waiting for that! Unfortunately I'm not home. Yet. Ill post some this evening. From what I understand, most if not all of the Winnie service grades had Winchester barrels. Quite the day and score from what everyone was saying at the store.

Here ya go:

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=111983

Last edited by bubbasuwannee; 07-03-2013 at 11:51 PM. Reason: provided link to pictures.