Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2019, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick the Librarian View Post
EHD would be a Springfield inspection stamp. Perhaps JB could give further information. Rifles with a POD stamp almost always have a BAWL or other Benecia Arsenal stamp. My theory is that rifles either sent to the Philippines or received back from the Philippines went through Benecia Arsenal in California. The Philippines Ordnance Depot was located at Fort Santiago, in Manila, and was formerly the Manila Ordnance Depot.

Always like the POD (usually a POD-D) - if I ever could find a rifle with provenance I'd buy it up in a New York minute.
Rick I can pretty much prove this one by the docs. Benecia was the gateway to the Pacific. So about everything that went to the Pacific, went thru to Benecia to get there, or came back to Benecia to come back into the states.

I've seen this mentioned a bunch in the documents.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:53 AM

I always thought this was the case, but obviously, you have found the "truth".
Old 07-15-2019, 11:15 PM

I recall reading (somewhere) that the inspection/rebuild protocol specified that subsequent stock stamps were to be placed on the stock below and/or to the rear of prior stamps. So on the RIA in question one could presume that the stock passed through, in order, Springfield Armory, Philippine Ordnance Depot, Benicia...