Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Garand, Springfield, Military Rifle and Rimfire Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-08-2019, 11:35 PM
mac1911 mac1911 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,857
Default VT "high capacity mag ban" and cmp games VT

LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICES, 13 V.S.A. § 4021
Beginning April 11, 2018, the manufacture, possession, transfer, sale, purchase, or receipt or importation into Vermont of large capacity ammunition feeding devices is prohibited. This prohibition does not apply to large capacity ammunition feeding devices lawfully possessed on or before April 11, 2018, and the prohibition on importation into Vermont does “not include the transportation back into this State of a large capacity ammunition feeding device by the same person who transported the device out of State if the person possessed the device on or before” April 11, 2018. The prohibition on possession, transfer, sale, and purchase of large capacity ammunition feeding devices lawfully possessed by licensed dealers before April 11, 2018 does not take effect until October 1, 2018.


Can a resident from another state bring a large capacity ammunition device to Vermont?
Until July 1, 2019, a nonresident is permitted to bring a large capacity ammunition device into Vermont provided such device is lawfully possessed by the nonresident and is to be used exclusively in an established shooting competition in Vermont. After July 1, 2019, this exception is eliminated.



dont forget your ten rounders
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-09-2019, 08:12 AM
Kilo-Sierra Kilo-Sierra is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 516
Default

Good info, thanks. The different state gun laws between Vermont and Georgia is what keeps me from shooting the Vermont games.

Keith
__________________
I can shoot a one hole/one shot group at any distance....."If I do my part"

Keith Schachle

Distinguished Rifleman Badge #2287
Presidents Hundred (Top 20 Shootoff)
NRA XTC Service Rifle- High Master
NRA Midrange - High Master
CMP XTC Service Rifle - Master
CMP Master Instructor
Almost Perfect Attendance in the 3rd grade
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-11-2019, 09:01 PM
Headspace Headspace is online now
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Massachusetts :-(
Posts: 414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo-Sierra View Post
Good info, thanks. The different state gun laws between Vermont and Georgia is what keeps me from shooting the Vermont games.

Keith
Don't let our mis guided,hard to understand gun laws in the socialist north east states stop you from coming up to participate in the NE Games. The range at Jericho is fabulous. Just pick up some 10 round mags for your magazine fed guns and have fun. You can't get into anymore trouble than the rest of us ......and we live here
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-12-2019, 07:05 PM
epm729 epm729 is online now
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Highland, New York
Posts: 2,053
Default

How is this going to square with the rules for say the modern military or carbine match. Will shorter than regulation mags be acceptable? Eddie
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-13-2019, 03:49 PM
champ0608 champ0608 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
Don't let our mis guided,hard to understand gun laws in the socialist north east states stop you from coming up to participate in the NE Games. The range at Jericho is fabulous. Just pick up some 10 round mags for your magazine fed guns and have fun. You can't get into anymore trouble than the rest of us ......and we live here
And with each passing vote, 10 round magazines will be more and more handy if you plan to shoot just about anywhere.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-14-2019, 01:45 PM
epm729 epm729 is online now
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Highland, New York
Posts: 2,053
Default

Just like NYs magazine law I doubt if the VT authorities will be checking or enforcing it.
Eddie
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-17-2019, 07:03 AM
Mountain Mountain is online now
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epm729 View Post
Just like NYs magazine law I doubt if the VT authorities will be checking or enforcing it.
Eddie
OK, so they won't be setting up roadblocks and there won't be undercover agents at sanctioned shooting matches.

But...

Don't get cute with theses laws and just use 10 round mags for your service rifles, etc. If one were to be stopped for something else and the mags were discovered, that would not be good.

Ditto regarding the fabulous range at Camp Ethan Allen, VT. Competitors from out west and even England show up. It's worth the trip. Last year I camped and it was wonderful. 10 round mags are dirt cheap and easy enough to find or order.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-17-2019, 10:15 AM
epm729 epm729 is online now
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Highland, New York
Posts: 2,053
Default

Really,I'm just interested in what position the CMP will take on say the carbine match. Will short 10 rd. mags be acceptable? Will I have to put blocks in my 15 rd'ers?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-17-2019, 10:45 AM
Headspace Headspace is online now
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Massachusetts :-(
Posts: 414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epm729 View Post
Really,I'm just interested in what position the CMP will take on say the carbine match. Will short 10 rd. mags be acceptable? Will I have to put blocks in my 15 rd'ers?
I used 4 10 rnd mags at camp Butner in the carbine match no official or competitor said a word to me about it.
Same with my M1A in the MM match.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-17-2019, 10:55 AM
Headspace Headspace is online now
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Massachusetts :-(
Posts: 414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
OK, so they won't be setting up roadblocks and there won't be undercover agents at sanctioned shooting matches.

But...

Don't get cute with theses laws and just use 10 round mags for your service rifles, etc. If one were to be stopped for something else and the mags were discovered, that would not be good.

Ditto regarding the fabulous range at Camp Ethan Allen, VT. Competitors from out west and even England show up. It's worth the trip. Last year I camped and it was wonderful. 10 round mags are dirt cheap and easy enough to find or order.
I agree 100% with Mountain all it takes is a minor driving infraction and a good cop having a bad day...….and then your having a bad day !
We may disagree with the laws in our states but, as the ones "fighting the good fight" we respect them.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 PM.