Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2018, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel4k View Post
Hello Bill,
Thanks for the above info; consider yourself lucky lol - here are two pics of the fitting on my just-rec'd CMP wood (IHC SG).
No remaining lockup to speak of; IMO the stock is unfortunately scrap at this point, and will most likely be going back to the CMP.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/60zo1go682...01947.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4df2wmy3jr...02110.jpg?dl=0

Best of luck with your WRA-SA rebuild.
This stock reminds me of the fitting on some rack grades I got years ago. I sold the stocks for $20.00.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:48 AM

Wow, it's hard to believe that CMP, (1) would have someone working for them that didn't know any better and/or had such poor woodworking skills, and (2) would let something leave their custody like that, which speaks for QA after fitting and before shipping.

But I do believe it because the pictures are right there. Several years ago, I bought two .308 CMP Specials, one had some wood removed in the channel for op rod clearance that I thought was less than sano. But nothing like this mess crudely filed out for the trigger housing.

Whoever is responsible for that crude work, if they don't know any better than that, maybe they shouldn't be working at CMP.

Don't throw it away, get a Return Order going, send it back for something that's acceptable. There isn't much question in my mind that they will make it good.
Old 02-18-2018, 03:44 AM

Default Win SG

Personally, it is either the Russians or Trumps fault those stocks fit like crap.

Otherwise, a 43 Winchester is a very nice rifle. My WRA is a Sept. 42 with a lot of WRA parts.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:20 AM

Congrats on your Winchester, so sorry to hear about the wood, and that barrel crown. I'd definitely contact them and share those pictures. I'm sure they'll take care of you.

Would you mind sharing when you're order hit the E-store or what your order number was? I'm waiting on a Winchester also, mailed 12/29, hit the E-store 1/20, order #115XX.