Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2018, 01:14 PM

Looks round to me, I have seen one at a LGS and posted the same question about a round DAS.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:41 PM

Thanks for those that have tried to contribute to the discussion, and Rick B. your commit about it being fake is hardly useful. No one here have stated the stamp is military in origin, quite the opposite, I clearly stated the stamp is from a commercial entity and the point of the post is to identify the origin. Thanks for nothing other than pulling the topic off into the weeds.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:45 PM

Fake stamp or not that is one nice stock. The modifications made are first rate.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don in SC View Post
Thanks for those that have tried to contribute to the discussion, and Rick B. your commit about it being fake is hardly useful. No one here have stated the stamp is military in origin, quite the opposite, I clearly stated the stamp is from a commercial entity and the point of the post is to identify the origin. Thanks for nothing other than pulling the topic off into the weeds.
I know we tend to wonder around. Sometimes around here trying to keep everyone on topic is like trying to herd cats.
Rob
Old 02-13-2018, 02:32 PM

Quote:
WOW Sorry Facts hurt your feelings. I will remove my post above since you think I am hardly useful. I did help you and gave you solid help. Got you on my list of those not to help in the future. By the way I didn't pull the subject off topic. Besides it was one post on DAS stamps that I replied to.
Thanks,, Rick B
Old 02-13-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Sorry Don - reread your OP....you weren't clear that you knew it was a commercial stamp. Your OP states that "if" the stamp is commercial not that you know it "is" commercial.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:21 PM

Not the best photo, but it's there if you look...

Old 02-13-2018, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkost View Post
Sorry Don - reread your OP....you weren't clear that you knew it was a commercial stamp. Your OP states that "if" the stamp is commercial not that you know it "is" commercial.
The devils in the details. A lawyer might run with that. But, commercial is the telling word.
Has Don had a run in with Rick in the past? Some nipping and snarling there.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick B View Post
WOW Sorry Facts hurt your feelings. I will remove my post above since you think I am hardly useful. I did help you and gave you solid help. Got you on my list of those not to help in the future. By the way I didn't pull the subject off topic. Besides it was one post on DAS stamps that I replied to.
Thanks,, Rick B
Rick thank you for your help. I appreciate it
Old 02-14-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryjeff View Post
Op rods aren't stocks.
So, that's what I've been doing wrong all these years...

In all seriousness, no, operating rods are not stocks, but in my opinion, which is admittedly of little value or consequence, the markings found on them can still be relevant to the conversation.