Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2019, 01:33 PM

Default Greek HXP in enblocs and corrosive question...

A local gun shop has two unopened spam cans of what appears to be Greek HXP, and is painted with 8 round clips on the side. I had not fully informed myself on exactly what to look for at that moment, so I asked the gent at the counter and he mentioned that he thought it might be "South Korean". I went for a second look, and saw in pretty small raised stamped into the metal lettering -- HXP. Was $170- ish, if I remember correctly, for one can.

I posted about a new-to-me "Modified" Remington '42 dated 1903 I plan to start shooting pleanty, over in the the "bolt action" section. So the question is:

Is the Greek HXP corrosive or not? I have seen conflicting info about it. I understand it may also be a question of lot numbers perhaps too. Just figured I'd come here to the Holy Grail to figure it out.

Thanks for any advise and help in advance. A BIG thank you to Rick The Librarian too for answering questions before I was able to get squared away and able to post here. Thanks CMP for doing what you do for all of us, and Semper FI!

Carl, USMC, Ret'd