Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2019, 04:59 AM

Default Non-drill 1903

What's the possibility of the South Store selling a few non-drill 1903 rifles anytime soon? I was told the North Store sold some recently.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:28 AM

You never know when it will happen, but since they had some recently it is less likely that they will have some soon. In the past they only released them once they had a good number saved up.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:34 AM

Smile

You're best bet is to make sure you have enough money for the trip to the South Store to get one and read PH68's (Tom's) morning and afternoon store reports (Thurs. - Sat.) to see when they're in stock. As soon as you see it, GO! Otherwise, someone else will beat you to it.

Rick
Old 05-13-2019, 08:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3talB3ak View Post
What's the possibility of the South Store selling a few non-drill 1903 rifles anytime soon? I was told the North Store sold some recently.
Doubt you will see any soon as the inspected small supply they had is likely exhausted. The inspection of these only takes place once a month and around 25 rifles are graded per month. They try to accumulate around 90 rifles before they release them to the stores.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Beard View Post
When M'03-A3 rifles are inspected and repaired, the rifles are sorted and packed in 90-rifle pallets by manufacturer (Remington or Smith-Corona). Under current CMP practice, M'03-A3 rifles are released to the stores for sale whenever a pallet is completed. When a pallet of M'03-A3 rifles is released to the stores for sale, they fly out the door like a covey of quail. Therefore, before planning and making a trip to the CMP store for an M'03-A3 rifle, one should give due consideration to this scenario.

J.B.
p.s.,

I will add that I work one day per month and inspect about 25 rifles each day. So I complete a pallet of M'03-A3 rifles about every four months. The current CMP practice of promptly releasing the rifles for sale is subject to change at any time.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:04 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll give it a couple of months and watch the report threads like a hawk.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:38 PM

The CMP likes to have some goodies at the North Store during the National Matches. You never know exactly what or when...but that might be an opportunity for what you want!!
Old 05-13-2019, 01:52 PM

Default Watching and hoping as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Beard View Post
The CMP has apparently changed their policy. They are now releasing M'03-A3 rifles as fast as I can inspect them. I inspected 19 rifles this past Friday and the Smith-Corona rifle bought by JustinandKim was one of those rifles (see posting and pictures on the Bolt Rifle forum). The Smith-Corona rifle pallet was just over half full (about 55 rifles) and the Remington pallet had only 13 rifles in it. I plan to go back in three weeks, circumstances permitting.

Good Luck!

J.B.
JB mentioned shortly after the quote Shomway noted that the CMP policy had changed. This seemed to be true based upon the limited SC release we saw follow to the South Store and delivery to the North Store. Either that or it was quite a coincidence.

Thought we would have seen others by now if the new policy was still in effect. Could have changed back and subject to inventory of course, which leads me to think there is not much to offer other than the few drill rifles. Hope I am wrong as I too have been watching the calander and praying for that giant pallet to arrive!
Old 05-16-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3talB3ak View Post
According to what I was told by an employee at the North Store 3 weeks ago, they have not had any shootable 1903 rifles in several years. 1903A3 rifles, yes, but 1903 rifles, no.