Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > NM Collector CMP Edition Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2012, 11:41 PM

Lightbulb

If you could get those as text they can be directly copied into the Data Sheet tab. However, you can use them as is if you are willing to fill them out and then capture them as images and add them as pictures to the appropriate firearm. Here is an example of what that might look like (I filled out a couple of fields in the PDF, used ALT-Print Screen to copy an image of it with I then pasted into Paint and saved as an image to add to NM Collector. Once added to NM Collector I clicked the "Actual" button which displays the image as its actual size). If the forum software re-sizes the picture below, you can find the original at: http://www.nmcollectorsoftware.com/documentation/SamplePdfDataSheet.png

I'll see what other options I can think of.

Thanks,

Clay
Old 11-07-2012, 07:39 PM

Default I'm trying to figure out how to add new class of ammo

I have certain batches of ammo for Home Defense, I have certain batches for target use, and I also have some for hunting use. I'm trying to figure out how to expand the two main types of ammo to include a third type: hunting use.

For all three types I am trying to figure out how to add "storage location," "where acquired," and "when acquired."

I'm still a geek, and still not a computer geek, so I'm treading lightly here.

Other thoughts:

I usually don't know the exact day of manufacture, but I frequently know the year of manufacture because it is marked on the firearm. The current program requires the input of exact dates. For myself, I put in January 1 when I don't know the exact date.

I use subfolders for firearms for things like spare barrels/barrel sets, or spare upper receivers. For the firearm and for the spare barrel/barrel set, as well as spare upper receivers, I'd like to be able to enter barrel length, but I have not figured out how to add a new heading on the left side, just below "caliber or gauge."

What does "Include in A&D report" mean?

The values I input for firearms and airguns are somehow changing themselves.

Last edited by NuJudge; 11-07-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:01 PM

Thumbs up Thanks for the feedback!

Let me try to answer your questions as best as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuJudge View Post
I have certain batches of ammo for Home Defense, I have certain batches for target use, and I also have some for hunting use. I'm trying to figure out how to expand the two main types of ammo to include a third type: hunting use.
As you might guess, there is more than one way to do this.

First, you can add a new option to the "use" field drop down simply by typing in the new value. Just click in the use field and type "Hunting" then press the return key. This will add the new value to the drop down list.

In addition, if you want, you can add another "Hunting" subfolder to the ammo category as follows:
  1. Click the Ammo folder to select it.
  2. Click the insert button to insert a new item.
  3. Type the new ammo type (Hunting) in the Unique ID field
  4. Click the Keep button. This will update the treeview with the new name
  5. With this new item selected in the tree view, click the insert button. This converts the item icon into a folder.
  6. With the new folder selected, click the insert button to insert a new item in the new folder.
  7. Select values for the new "Hunting ammo" entry
Quote:
For all three types I am trying to figure out how to add "storage location," "where acquired," and "when acquired."
You can update or replace existing captions or you can add new captions simply by selecting the "Edit Captions" at the top of any page. Once this is checked you can go in and change values in the captions fields. Just click in the caption field you want to change and start typing. When "Edit Captions" is checked you cannot add or update to the data. When you are done editing captions simply uncheck the "Edit Captions" button.

Quote:
I'm still a geek, and still not a computer geek, so I'm treading lightly here.
No problem. I appreciate the feedback!

Quote:
Other thoughts:

I usually don't know the exact day of manufacture, but I frequently know the year of manufacture because it is marked on the firearm. The current program requires the input of exact dates. For myself, I put in January 1 when I don't know the exact date.
Yes, you are doing it the way I do it. You can always add a year of manufacture field if you want to just record the year.

Quote:
I use subfolders for firearms for things like spare barrels/barrel sets, or spare upper receivers. For the firearm and for the spare barrel/barrel set, as well as spare upper receivers, I'd like to be able to enter barrel length, but I have not figured out how to add a new heading on the left side, just below "caliber or gauge."
This may be difficult. You can follow the instructions above to change the "manufacturer" field caption to "barrel length" and then "country" to "manufacturer" and so forth down the line. Unfortunately, all of the data will still be what it was before which will require a lot of work to update all of the lists and values. Another option might be to add new captions to an empty location in the Identification and / or Description tabs. If you use an empty field you get to populate the data as you see fit.

Quote:
That I do not understand. Have you been able to identify any steps or actions that seem to cause the problem so I can try to reproduce and fix it?

Thanks!!!!

Clay
Old 11-25-2012, 07:02 PM

Default Dollar values changing

Quote:
What is changing is the dollar values on the Description page of firearms and accessories that I have listed in subfolders.

As an example: I have a rifle that I got originally in one caliber. The firearm's design allows one to purchase additional barrel sets in different calibers. I have purchased 4 additional barrel sets.

I have assigned a Unique ID three digit number for each of the items I am logging in your software on the Identification page. For the additional barrel sets, I put their info in a subfolder, the Unique ID being the same as for the original rifle but having a letter afterwards.

I reset their dollar values yesterday to what they were worth, Kept them and Wrote to Disc. Not all of them changed by this evening: the value of the first & second additional barrel sets seems to stay the same, but the shown value of the original rifle and the 3rd and 4th additional barrel set all are now the same value, that of the 4th additional barrel set.

I am having the same problem with another rifle for which I have several accessories listed in subfolders: the values for the accessories is not changing, but the value of the rifle is, but not to the value of either of the accessories.

I am not certain, but I believe I am also having this trouble with entries for a pistol that I have two spare slide/barrels for. There, they all changed to the same dollar value.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:18 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
What is changing is the dollar values on the Description page of firearms and accessories that I have listed in subfolders.

As an example: I have a rifle that I got originally in one caliber. The firearm's design allows one to purchase additional barrel sets in different calibers. I have purchased 4 additional barrel sets.

I have assigned a Unique ID three digit number for each of the items I am logging in your software on the Identification page. For the additional barrel sets, I put their info in a subfolder, the Unique ID being the same as for the original rifle but having a letter afterwards.

I reset their dollar values yesterday to what they were worth, Kept them and Wrote to Disc. Not all of them changed by this evening: the value of the first & second additional barrel sets seems to stay the same, but the shown value of the original rifle and the 3rd and 4th additional barrel set all are now the same value, that of the 4th additional barrel set.

I am having the same problem with another rifle for which I have several accessories listed in subfolders: the values for the accessories is not changing, but the value of the rifle is, but not to the value of either of the accessories.

I am not certain, but I believe I am also having this trouble with entries for a pistol that I have two spare slide/barrels for. There, they all changed to the same dollar value.
Thank you for the detailed description. I will try to duplicate your setup and see if I can replicate the problem. That will give me a chance to figure out what is going.

Can you send me a screen shot of your folder structure? That will help me make sure I duplicate the same setup. If you do not want to post it to the forum can you send it directly to me at cjpryor@nmcollector.net?

Thanks!

Clay
Old 11-25-2012, 08:54 PM

Default So far, cannot duplicate the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmCollector View Post
Thank you for the detailed description. I will try to duplicate your setup and see if I can replicate the problem. That will give me a chance to figure out what is going.

Clay
I can't seem to duplicate the problem you are encountering. Any values I change seem to stick even after I close and restart the program. I may not have got it right. Please see screen captures below. Worst case, can you send me your database? It is the folder named nmcswDB.

Firearm:

Accessory 1:

Accessory 2:

Accessory 3:

Accessory 4: