Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 03:57 PM

Default Mailed paperwork

I mailed my paperwork on 3/2/2018 to purchase a SG M1. As of 3/16/208 I have not seen anything posted from the CMP confirming that they received my paperwork. I am not concerned about the lead time but concerned that the paperwork maybe lost. My CC information and other data is included. I called twice and e-mailed twice with no response. I know the folks at the CMP are doing the best they can. I don't know if I should send in new paperwork or wait a little longer?

Just curios where that paperwork is.

Thanks
Dan

Last edited by fsasquad1; 03-16-2018 at 07:19 PM. Reason: clarify verbage
Old 03-16-2018, 05:48 PM

Having ordered several SG M1 over the years, I can tell you it may take weeks to months to get an acknowledgement of you order was received. In some instances, I have received my M1 before an acknowledgement. You just need to be patient and they will get to your order. No need to send in new paperwork or call, the CMP is very good at what they do. IMHO
Old 03-16-2018, 07:39 PM

Will standby.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:31 PM

My only comment on this is that it usually only costs a dollar or two (if mailing it by USPS) to have the mail sent certified with electronic tracking. It doesn't have to be signed for and you don't get a receipt, but you get a tracking number and can follow it to its destination.

The reason this is fresh on my mind is I just sent a money order to purchase an item and (bonehead me) didn't send it certified. It ended up taking over a week to get there, and everything was fine, but I was starting to sweat and said "I should have sent it certified".

I'm sure everything is fine with your order, the CMP is just busy. But certified is cheap insurance if you send stuff in again.

Good luck and take care.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:07 PM

Trust me, wish I would have sent certified also.. Paper work mailed 02/22 so figure 02/26 at CMP. Got concerned as same circumstance, personal info and CC info sent, emailed asking if they had my info. Received email last week stating that they were working on 02/20 orders, did not address original request. Just keeping tabs on my CC account in case

Last edited by bbqreloader; 03-16-2018 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:17 AM

What makes me a little concerned about my paperwork I needed stamps so I went to the post office. I bought a book of stamps from the postal clerk. I asked if she would mail this envelope for me. I heard her make a comment about the address. "Rifle Sales". I wonder if she tossed my paperwork.

Maybe my mind is working overtime.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsasquad1 View Post
What makes me a little concerned about my paperwork I needed stamps so I went to the post office. I bought a book of stamps from the postal clerk. I asked if she would mail this envelope for me. I heard her make a comment about the address. "Rifle Sales". I wonder if she tossed my paperwork.
She checked inside and got your CC information. Then tossed your paperwork in the trash for the next person to see.

Really you will be fine.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241
Old 03-17-2018, 03:29 PM

Standing by
Old 03-19-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsasquad1 View Post

My local post office has a very anti-gun guy working there. I once sent a letter to the ATF and it "never arrived" according to the ATF. My thought was that he tossed it in the trash. From now on, I ponly send stuff with tracking from that post office.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:58 AM

That's the impression I got and the reason I was reaching out to the CMP. If I would get a confirmation I would know where I stand.
Closed Thread