Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2018, 02:47 PM

Default 2 part Cmp Christmas question.

When a person mail orders a Garand via snail mail does that order go to one of the two cmp store fronts or to a 3rd location?

I understand that the 2 cmp stores are closed from December 22nd to January 2nd for the holidays. But what about the snail mail order location?
Old 12-23-2018, 03:49 PM

Civilian marksmanship program
1401 commerce boulevard
anniston, al 3620
Old 12-23-2018, 05:02 PM

Separate address, separate operation for mail orders.
Old 12-23-2018, 05:15 PM

Fairly safe to assume that they are also closed then for the same period of time?
Old 12-23-2018, 06:11 PM

Mail orders are processed and shipped only from the South Store.
Old 12-23-2018, 06:33 PM

I believe where rifles are shipped from is not the south store location. Address is different
Old 12-23-2018, 11:04 PM

Majorfa is correct, rifles are shipped from the South Store, CMP has 5 different locations with in a mile of each other and trys to use one main mailing address.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:52 AM

My order was sent to Anniston and SHIPPED from the North store. Care to explain this away. The rifle was perfectly fine by the way and mine was not the only one shipped this way.
Old 12-24-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffy1a View Post
My order was sent to Anniston and SHIPPED from the North store. Care to explain this away. The rifle was perfectly fine by the way and mine was not the only one shipped this way.
"explain this away"? What does that mean?
This is not unheard of. Sometimes inventory at the North Store is greater than needed, and they ship mail orders from there. Happens with rifles and other items like ammunition and targets.
Old 12-25-2018, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffy1a View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm View Post
"explain this away"? What does that mean?
This is not unheard of. Sometimes inventory at the North Store is greater than needed, and they ship mail orders from there. Happens with rifles and other items like ammunition and targets.
Dear Snuffy,

Believe it or not, the CMP is a large operation whose very secondary goal is to supply firearms and associated items to customers in a responsive manner.

Mail orders have priority over Store sales. What that means is, if the CMP is back-ordered to the extent that they cannot foresee filling your order in a timely manner, they will have the rifle sent to you from one of the Stores. I realize that this agility in meeting customers' expectations may be difficult to understand for some people.

Store inventory (both South and North Stores) has been in the past stripped from the Stores for mail order shipping in the entirety. This has happened when the CMP inventory manager does not see availability of scarce items (Winchesters, correct rifles, etc) for some time. In that case the entirety of the stock of the scarce item is taken from the Store and reserved for mail order.

The opposite is the case, sometimes, for very limited release firearms. If the CMP has only a few of an item, and knows mail order will greatly overwhelm the inventory, those few items are sent to the two Stores for sale.

I hope this helps. I apologize for the length but felt it was better to try to fully explain rather than again have some ambiguity in your mind.

Happy Christmas.

"Life is Good!"