Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2019, 11:04 AM

Default NS report 4 April

No change from what has been reported here since the last truck.

Plenty of .308 CMP specials.
Plenty of M1Cs and Ds with no accessories.
Dozen or so air rifles.
Plenty M1 drill rifles.
Plenty of IHCís in CMP wood.

I did not ask about future shipments.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:15 AM

are any of the .308 specials a special field?
Old 04-04-2019, 01:58 PM

Are the IHC’s service grades with CMP stamped walnut stocks or are they Field Grades with CMP procured hackberry stocks? Or both?
Old 04-04-2019, 02:23 PM

Thanks for the report Joe
Old 04-04-2019, 02:25 PM

the special field. the reparked with pitting above the wood line.... that were $850 with new .308 barrels
Old 04-04-2019, 04:52 PM

Sort of disheartening when you can find nice Filipino returns on GB,but not at North. They’re hanging with the same D’s and C’s that everyone has seen for at least 3, maybe 4 years. I live a half hour away and won’t make the trip. No incentive to go,nor care anymore. Tired of playing catch the truck!
Old 04-04-2019, 05:29 PM

Sorry for the late reply.

The stocks on the IHCs I saw were all CMP. I was not there long enough to look at all of them so I could be off.

The men working apologized for what was out, I felt bad for them. I asked if anything was new, they said no. It was very depressing and slim pickings.

I would like to think that they will get a new shipment in before the matches but we shall see.

Joe
Old 04-05-2019, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLD View Post
Sort of disheartening when you can find nice Filipino returns on GB,but not at North. They’re hanging with the same D’s and C’s that everyone has seen for at least 3, maybe 4 years. I live a half hour away and won’t make the trip. No incentive to go,nor care anymore. Tired of playing catch the truck!
The store does not really follow a traditional business model and there is no changing that fact. It's not surprising that the beginning of the demise of the NS coincided with the opening of the South Store, sorry for beating a dead horse.

NS still has many surprises to come, but like you said, it's all about playing catch the truck. Many, including myself, would love to be 30 minutes away even with present conditions. You did have many chances in the past to get your yearly limit of beautiful guns, right?, so at least you have that to remember.

Last edited by TSimonetti; 04-05-2019 at 07:53 AM.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:09 AM

CMP was very good to me! I’ve accepted what it is now and just lost the thrill of the chase. Seriously, I’ve done well looking towards other sources. I’m sure if I lived within reasonable driving distance to South I would be a pest.
Old 04-05-2019, 04:06 PM

The good old days are long gone. I used to make the trip from Pa. at least 3 to 4 times a year To buy M1 Garands. That's when they would always have a good inventory especially during the Nationals You used to be able to buy your whole limit of 12 for the year in one trip if you had the money and wanted to. Now you can only purchase one of each grade if they have them in stock. What I would pay for one now with all my travel expenses. I mise well purchase through mail order and take the chance in getting a good one. Like you said "MLD" The CMP was very good to me also in the Good old days. Same here I also lost the thrill of the chase. I miss talking to the guys out at the North Store!!!!