Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2019, 09:33 AM

Default South Store Report 05/02/2019

There were 8 customers at opening and the racks were full.

Todays armor, Bobby

CMP Specials, .308, IHC 1/
30.06 SA 5/WRA 3/HRA 2
CMP Field Specials, 30.06, 17

WRA SG, 10, no WRA barrels, one with nice SA GAW stock, WRA op rod, bolt, trigger assembly and SA 51 barrel/ most others were few WRA parts. 50/50 USGI/CMP stocks.

IHC SG 12, most USGI stocks, some were very nice. One with WRA barrel.....

M1D WRA RG, 4

M1C SA SG, 4, some very nice.

Odds and ends, 6.00 slings/MRT stamped slings 10.00/Stamped WWII slings 35.00, policy change, you may purchase reasonable number of slings without purchasing a rifle. Cleaning rods, butt stock cleaning kits, cleaning patches, bayonets available by asking store staff staff, boxes of enblocs.

Good luck on your searches.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:47 AM

Default South Store Visit

Anybody in the Little Rock, Memphis area want to drive w/ me on an over night visit to the South store in the near future? If so, PM me for details.
Clark Air Base, Philippines (1961-1964)
Old 05-02-2019, 11:43 AM

Man, I wish they would have had these service grades when I stopped by. May have to take another trip when the kids get out of school if they are still showing up.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:06 PM

I wish I worked 2nd shift some days.. Go there and be at work on time.
Old 05-02-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltgrabber View Post
Anybody in the Little Rock, Memphis area want to drive w/ me on an over night visit to the South store in the near future? If so, PM me for details.
So, you boys are from Arkansas, huh? Well, I've been through there. Little Rock's a fine town.
Old 05-02-2019, 01:40 PM

"So, you boys are from Arkansas, huh? Well, I've been through there. Little Rock's a fine town." Yep.....the drive is an easy one once you get through Memphis & on #78/I-82 but the 2 hr. drive between Little Rock & Memphis is an 18 wheeler nightmare!
Clark Air Base, Philippines (1961-1964)
Old 05-02-2019, 03:04 PM

Default Thursday closing report

There were 53 of the possible 66 rifles present at closing. There was a 3 rifle restock, 3, M1C SA SGs added.

WRA SG, 6

IHC SG, 9

M1C SA SG, 6

CMP Specials/Field Specials 32

Good luck on your searches.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:30 PM

Thanks ph.
I’d be tempted to drive down there to take a look at those M1D WRA Rack Grades but too much going on this weekend.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i1afli View Post
Thanks ph.
I’d be tempted to drive down there to take a look at those M1D WRA Rack Grades but too much going on this weekend.
I looked at the M1D's today. They looked rough to me but some of the C's looked nice. I took home a SG Win-13 that's also a LEAD 9-65 rebuild.

The WRA with a GAW stock that Tom spoke of went home with a fine young man from Colorado. It's his first M1. He was wanting a WW2 rifle so I'm glad he decided on that one.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:18 AM

Default 5.12 IHC at South Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronwall View Post
I looked at the M1D's today. They looked rough to me but some of the C's looked nice. I took home a SG Win-13 that's also a LEAD 9-65 rebuild.

The WRA with a GAW stock that Tom spoke of went home with a fine young man from Colorado. It's his first M1. He was wanting a WW2 rifle so I'm glad he decided on that one.
Ron,
Sorry I missed you as I played hooky from work and also stopped at the store Thursday morning, but was there at opening and left around 10am local time.
I looked hard at that Win13 as did my buddy Paul. Congratulations on getting it, it sure was temping.
I ended up leaving with an original finish 5.12 IHC with what looks to be an original SA barrel. It also had a ton of correct parts with only the buttstock, Gas Cylinder, Trigger Group and Op-Rod not being correct.
I am going to post a few pictures in the regular Garand section and open it for discussion.
There was another 5.12 with correctly punched SA barrel in the rack as well when we left.
I have looked for the past several years for an example of one of these with no luck and then see two on the same trip. Weird, but wonderful.

maybe next time,
Rob