Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30-06 View Post
Ron,
Sorry I missed you as I played hooky from work and also stopped at the store Thursday morning, but was there at opening and left around 10am local time.
I looked hard at that Win13 as did my buddy Paul. Congratulations on getting it, it sure was temping.
I ended up leaving with an original finish 5.12 IHC with what looks to be an original SA barrel. It also had a ton of correct parts with only the buttstock, Gas Cylinder, Trigger Group and Op-Rod not being correct.
I am going to post a few pictures in the regular Garand section and open it for discussion.
There was another 5.12 with correctly punched SA barrel in the rack as well when we left.
I have looked for the past several years for an example of one of these with no luck and then see two on the same trip. Weird, but wonderful.

maybe next time,
Rob
Bobby mentioned that you had stopped by yesterday morning. I'm sorry I missed you but around opening time I was dodging tractor-trailers somewhere between Nashville and Chattanooga. Congrats on picking up that 5.12, I think I looked at the other 5.12 but I didn't catch that the SA barrel was correctly punched. However, I looked closely at gas cylinders on the IHC's and only one had what I believe to be a IHC gas cylinder, another one appeared to be HRA and rest were clearly SA. I was happy to get the Win-13. The LEAD finish looks good and it has what appears to be a nice -W.R.A. curved/slant cut modified op rod and a stepped WRA bolt. Did you look at the RRAD IHC? If so what's your opinion on that rifle?

Last edited by Ronwall; 05-03-2019 at 07:40 AM.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronwall View Post
Bobby mentioned that you had stopped by yesterday morning. I'm sorry I missed you but around opening time I was dodging tractor-trailers somewhere between Nashville and Chattanooga. Congrats on picking up that 5.12, I think I looked at the other 5.12 but I didn't catch that the SA barrel was correctly punched. However, I looked closely at gas cylinders on the IHC's and only one had what I believe to be a IHC gas cylinder, another one appeared to be HRA and rest were clearly SA. I was happy to get the Win-13. The LEAD finish looks good and it has what appears to be a nice -W.R.A. curved/slant cut modified op rod and a stepped WRA bolt. Did you look at the RRAD IHC? If so what's your opinion on that rifle?
No I did not it at all. I was busy looking thru the M1Cs for the most part and only found the 5.12s just before I left for the day.

next time,
Rob
Old 05-03-2019, 09:29 AM

Default Friday opening report

There were 8 customers and the racks were full, but not much change in inventory.

Armors today are Bobby and Colby.

CMP Specials/Field Specials 35

WRA SG, 7, 3 sold at opening.

IHC SG, 9.

Other rifles remain about the same.

Good luck on your searches.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:10 AM

Tom, it was a pleasure to finally meet you. Thanks for all the information this morning!
Old 05-03-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlehoot View Post
Tom, it was a pleasure to finally meet you. Thanks for all the information this morning!
The pleasure was mine, glad I could help and congratulations on your new THREE RIFLE WRA family!!!
Old 05-03-2019, 11:29 AM

One was an IH
Old 05-03-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlehoot View Post
One was an IH
Now I remember that so I think they call that a blended family LOL!!!
Old 05-03-2019, 02:39 PM

There were some good looking IHC’s there this morning all I bought were slings and bayonets today bought one of the 45 dollar ones in the box and one from behind the counter full price its hard to tell the Condition of the two apart except for the full price one has a nice scabbard. Thanks for helping me out with the nice sling Tom.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:58 PM

Default Friday Closing Report

There were 55 rifles remaining at closing. Donít expect a lot of change in inventory tomorrow....

CMP Specials and Field Specials, 30.

WRA SG, 3

IHC SG, 10

Other rifles remain about the same.

Good luck on your searches.
Old 05-04-2019, 07:52 AM

Default Thanks to all who were there Thursday opening

Thanks to Tom for the posts that helped me decide on the 10 hour drive. It was nice to meet you in person. Rob for making the trip out of the blue and meeting Paul a member of the Hee Haw gang! There was a lot of knowledge there and great help in making it all come together. Other folks were very helpful that morning too. Bobby was extremely helpful. I walked out of there with an extremely nice M1C. It was something on my list for a long time. I wish I lived closer. My wife is glad I donít though😄. I got a kick out of the older southern gentleman with the cane that morning when he saw the price tag on the C and said with a great southern accent ďBoy thatís crazy! What do you do for a livinĒ lol😄!! Yes itís not everyday I fork out the green for one of those and that added to what made it special!Great trip. Thanks again!