Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2011, 03:58 AM

Default NS Run planned for the 19th

Ok, so things (so far) are lined up so that i will leave work and make a run for the north store, from Philly its about 8 hours (according to map quest).

Can anyone give me an idea of what is there currently? I know things change but i'll be playing the odds, so any news is good news.

I'll be looking for a 1917, and maybe a Krag if they are still around, if not then i was thinking of either a nice FG Garand or a SGS. Im not sure if they have and SG Specials there or not.

It has been a while since i last bough a rifle, (Oct 30, 2009), i still have my membership with the CMP, and a CMP affiliated range, is there anything else i need, i had proof of marksmanship before when i went back then but im not sure if i need it again?

Im not sure when to call, mainly because they close on Sunday and i'll be busy working the lot, i wish i could have gone today but the G/F has plans for tonight(Saturday).

99 3500 Built DTT Auto, 3.55's, 4x4, BHAF, 6" lift, Danin Optix, Gauges, DAP 60hp sticks, FASS 95, 2LO kit, HIGH Idle BOMB, Silencer ring delete, 4" exhaust, SMARTY, Boost Elbow,100Gal Aux Tank.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:54 AM

If there's any doubt about your paperwork, you'd probably be smart to bring a copy of everything you need, just in case. A 16 hour drive for nothing but a tease is something most of us couldn't handle!

Like I said in the other thread, I found a lot of nice guns a week ago. I posted a report on 10/7, as did Shave Tail. There's been a couple reports since, but I think the "Mad Rush" for the bolt guns is mostly over, and I'd expect the store stock to be more or less the same for a while yet, although the bolt guns and .22s will probably be replaced by M1s as they sell out.

I posted some pics of what I found last Friday, of a couple Garands, a Krag, and a M1917 that I picked up. I'd imagine what'll be on the racks on Wednesday will be comparable, maybe even better if you dig hard enough and keep your fingers crossed...it might not hurt to go to church on Sunday and light a couple candles, too.

Garands
Krag
M1917s

Last edited by dpd3672; 10-16-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:44 AM

The previous paperwork should be ok with the possible exception of the notorized form which may have expired. I think I remember they were good for 3 yours.
Unless, too, if you had an address change.
I've made the run from Reading, PA, several times. PA Turnpike to Ohio Turnpike worked well for me. 7.5 hours one way with a few rest/food/bathroom stops. Interesting when you go through the western PA mountain tunnels.
Are you overnighting or a "banzai" run planned?
North Store trips are always fun no matter what's there. Last I heard , M1917 and Krags were still there and decent.

Last edited by bob moore; 10-15-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpd3672 View Post
If there's any doubt about your paperwork, you'd probably be smart to bring a copy of everything you need, just in case. A 16 hour drive for nothing but a tease is something most of us couldn't handle!

Like I said in the other thread, I found a lot of nice guns a week ago. I posted a report on 10/7, as did Shave Tail. There's been a couple reports since, but I think the "Mad Rush" for the bolt guns is mostly over, and I'd expect the store stock to be more or less the same for a while yet, although the bolt guns and .22s will probably be replaced by M1s as they sell out.

I posted some pics of what I found last Friday, of a couple Garands, a Krag, and a M1917 that I picked up. I'd imagine what'll be on the racks on Wednesday will be comparable, maybe even better if you dig hard enough and keep your fingers crossed...it might not hurt to go to church on Sunday and light a couple candles, too.

Garands
Krag
M1917s
Those are some nice rifles there, im hoping there may be a few left by Wednesday, hopefully there is not a rush on the store today or tomorrow.

Orest posted back and it looks good, but i email customer service to be extra sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob moore View Post
The previous paperwork should be ok with the possible exception of the notorized form which may have expired. I think I remember they were good for 3 yours.
Unless, too, if you had an address change.
I've made the run from Reading, PA, several times. PA Turnpike to Ohio Turnpike worked well for me. 7.5 hours one way with a few rest/food/bathroom stops. Interesting when you go through the western PA mountain tunnels.
Are you overnighting or a "banzai" run planned?
North Store trips are always fun no matter what's there. Last I heard , M1917 and Krags were still there and decent.

While Banzai sounds fun i think this would be a literal blitzkrieg...

I start work at 8:30am Tuesday and expect to not get off till almost 8 at night, then its an all out push for Ohio and be there by opening Wednesday morning, then an all out push to get home and then i have work again Thursday morning.

Will make for a fun trip by my self if i cannot find a driver to come with me.

Either way im trying not to get excited because with my luck they will switch my schedule and they are known to do that.

99 3500 Built DTT Auto, 3.55's, 4x4, BHAF, 6" lift, Danin Optix, Gauges, DAP 60hp sticks, FASS 95, 2LO kit, HIGH Idle BOMB, Silencer ring delete, 4" exhaust, SMARTY, Boost Elbow,100Gal Aux Tank.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:24 PM

I just hope that the ones there are shootable and in good repor.

Old 10-16-2011, 06:15 PM

I'm on the other side of the walt witman. If I didn't just get a Garand from them this week I'd consider taking the drive!
Old 10-16-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtimes View Post
I'm on the other side of the walt witman. If I didn't just get a Garand from them this week I'd consider taking the drive!
the reason im still considering this is my job is almost 1.5 to 2 hours away(depending on traffic). This cuts the run time down to 7-8 hours makes it worth it. plus once you are west of the walt Whitman things seem much easier lol

Im just trying to decide on what to do if there are no Krag's and 1917's there, or if i should go and spend the money, money that is needed elsewhere,

Old 10-16-2011, 08:39 PM

I am literally 3 miles from the stadiums. My grandmother lives right off Oregon ave too. Living in Nj really does suck for the sole reason that so much more is available 2 mins from my house. The gun shops are expensive and dealing with FFL transfers blows! I'd own a lot more guns if I lived in PA! That's for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi71ocean View Post
the reason im still considering this is my job is almost 1.5 to 2 hours away(depending on traffic). This cuts the run time down to 7-8 hours makes it worth it. plus once you are west of the walt Whitman things seem much easier lol

Im just trying to decide on what to do if there are no Krag's and 1917's there, or if i should go and spend the money, money that is needed elsewhere,
Old 10-16-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtimes View Post
I am literally 3 miles from the stadiums. My grandmother lives right off Oregon ave too. Living in Nj really does suck for the sole reason that so much more is available 2 mins from my house. The gun shops are expensive and dealing with FFL transfers blows! I'd own a lot more guns if I lived in PA! That's for sure!
i own my share of them, but i think i would be more broke if i lived there, or at least not labeled a "gun nut" the kind with an arsenal of weaponry

Old 10-17-2011, 08:56 PM

Got my Email from the CMP today they say everything is in order, im bringing my FOID card and Passport tomorrow to work.

I still haven't figured out if i want to bring a change of clothes and crash in a hotel for the night and get to see what Port Clinton is like.

But im down to the finally 24 Hours to H-Hour. I have not given this trip a cool name yet but this will be a good one i know that.