Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2017, 04:18 PM

Default Shout out to CMP

I want to Thank the CMP folks for a fine M1 Special Field Grade. I was skeptical to a point but CMP has a solid reputation and that was enough for me to place my order on May 10th. I received my new SFG on May 25th and couldn't wait to open the case.
I will admit I haven't stripped her down yet but from what I have seen so far it looks well greased ,oiled and ready for the range , I am thrilled and would encourage more folks to purchase this grade.

Thank you CMP sales ,back office and armorers for your time ,quality and attention to detail.

Dan

Last edited by fsasquad1; 05-26-2017 at 06:28 PM. Reason: spelling added
Old 06-19-2017, 07:33 PM

Well took her out to the range sent a few down range100+/- yds. and cleaned her. Sent a few more down range cleaned again a total of 94 rounds and after a few was hitting paper. Started out low and ended up in the black with some good groupings. My son even destroyed a dam small ball at about 150 yds. oh! to have young eyes. Anyways got her home stripped her down to parts and I'll be dammed what pitting below the wood line ? If there is any pitting its not really noticeable. I mean I was hunting around with a dam magnify glass and flashlight. I am just totally thrilled with the 3mil she has made my day along with the CMP!

Edit:wording

Last edited by fsasquad1; 06-19-2017 at 07:38 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to muddy Send a message via MSN to muddy Send a message via Yahoo to muddy

Yup - my experience is exactly the same. I bought a M1 Special Field Grade in May. Only took 2 week to arrive. The rifle I received is in amazing condition with not a single pit inside or out. Solid clicks on both sides of the rear sight. Wiped out the bore, oiled and greased her and went to the range. Using Greek ammo at 100 meters off a sandbag, after 1 sighter, fired the next 9 shots into the black of the SR-1 target. Excellent. Looking forward to more break in shots and then some match ammo. Waiting for the last coat of Linseed oil to dry before I take her out again!

I am extremely pleased with this 1942 rifle and my decision to purchase it to use in future competitions. Thank you CMP.

Muddy
Old 06-26-2017, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Sir--Thank you for your kind words. We will pass them on to our staff. We always strive to give our customers the best service and product available.