Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 08:12 PM

Default CMP 1911 Information

Hi - just read the recent email regarding preliminary decisions regarding CMP 1911 sales, and one question came immediately to mind regarding item 5) and how someone would provide to CMP a document exhibiting "successful completion of a NICS background check".

Could you perhaps explain what specific documentation would be required to comply with this requirement, and perhaps the mechanics of how an individual would obtain that documentation?

Thanks in advance for any clarification.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:14 PM

Good question and I'd love to know why it can't go to someone with a C&R license?
Old 12-04-2017, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanford View Post
Hi - just read the recent email regarding preliminary decisions regarding CMP 1911 sales, and one question came immediately to mind regarding item 5) and how someone would provide to CMP a document exhibiting "successful completion of a NICS background check".

Could you perhaps explain what specific documentation would be required to comply with this requirement, and perhaps the mechanics of how an individual would obtain that documentation?

Great question...there is also a requirement to submit one form "in person". Wonder how that will work. There will obviously have to be some more guidance on these requirements but we are heading in the right direction. The president has the NDAA now so he should be signing it any day.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanford View Post

I would assume that mean the NICS the CMP runs initially. When the .45 ships to your dealer, then you must fill out a 4473 and a new NICS. So its a 2 NICS deal...I think...

Edit.

So no time frame so far?
Old 12-04-2017, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc53 View Post
I would assume that mean the NICS the CMP runs initially. When the .45 ships to your dealer, then you must fill out a 4473 and a new NICS. So its a 2 NICS deal...I think...

Thats it

This horse has already been beaten to death.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=178899

I read this to mean that the CMP will do a NICS check, as they presently do for rifle sales. If you don't pass the check, they won't process the order. A second NICS check will be done by the buyer's FFL01 when the 1911 is picked up.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:26 PM

Send a message via ICQ to bkavanaugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazaroo View Post
Good question and I'd love to know why it can't go to someone with a C&R license?
+1 on the C&R License. This license has to be renewed every 3 years with the BATFE and these firearms are C&R eligible.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:27 PM

Its not the CMP, its the language of the transfer outlined in the bill (at least what I had seen) that requires it.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:27 PM

A FFL 01 can be easily verified, a FFL 03 cannot.
Closed Thread