Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Auction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2019, 09:08 PM

I have a underwood i bought from CMP( 11-42) and the stock has no stamp on it at all. Like SA or such. Is this because the original was replaced and the extra stocks were used to replace the originals with no Markings ? The stock does not look new but looks worn and in good shape.Educate me on the stock side of the M1's. Appreciate a heads up.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:01 AM

Post Curious

Besides the two service grade four digits that just sold, when was the last time CMP offered a decent service grade four digit? I've scanned through all of the completed auctions available and it seems they only offered 2-5 field grade four digits at least since May 2014.

Makes me think this really is the last of what they have...
Old 01-12-2019, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Conroe View Post
Besides the two service grade four digits that just sold, when was the last time CMP offered a decent service grade four digit? I've scanned through all of the completed auctions available and it seems they only offered 2-5 field grade four digits at least since May 2014.

Makes me think this really is the last of what they have...
You're right, they don't come up very often, but they aren't commonly seen either. I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to the order the auction folks put things up for sale right now. At one point they were putting up a series of carbines from the same manufacturer each week but that was a long time ago. The auction stockpile is likely winding down that's why there are only a couple carbines per week put up. In any case $4900 is pretty steep for that rifle, good for CMP programs, I'm an observer at those prices.