Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2020, 09:03 AM

looks like the FOIA path used for the M17's isnt correct for the 1911's!!!!!!! I just recieved this today!!!
In regard to your FOIA request for a Colt 1911A1 pistol, The USAMC LDAC is no longer the custodians of the Department of Defense (DOD) Small Arms/Light Weapons Registry. Your request will be referred to the ASALT- PEO-EIS organization that has purview. The POC for your request is james.a.baxley2.civ@mail.mil

James Basta
Information System Security Officer
USAMC Logistics Data Analysis Center (LDAC)
Security+, CISM

Last edited by Big_Red; 05-11-2020 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Removed phone number so guy doesn’t get inundated with phone requests
Old 05-11-2020, 08:42 PM

Thank you Big Red I wanted to get updated info out there just in case people like my self were using the information from the M17 returns for the 1911's and take the load of James Basta since he has been great on getting m17 info.
Old 05-12-2020, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danduf98 View Post
looks like the FOIA path used for the M17's isnt correct for the 1911's!!!!!!! I just recieved this today!!!
In regard to your FOIA request for a Colt 1911A1 pistol, The USAMC LDAC is no longer the custodians of the Department of Defense (DOD) Small Arms/Light Weapons Registry. Your request will be referred to the ASALT- PEO-EIS organization that has purview. The POC for your request is james.a.baxley2.civ@mail.mil

James Basta
Security+, CISM
FYI - the office referred to in the above reply is the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Acquisition, Logistics and Technology - ASA (ALT)), Program Executive Office (PEO), Enterprise Information Systems (EIS). This office falls under Headquarters, Department of the Army (HQDA); as such, the central Army FOIA office is most likely the office to which FOIA requests should be directed.

As a previous poster has noted, there is now a central U.S. Government FOIA website - https://www.foia.gov - that is operated by the Department of Justice. I too am using this process to learn more about the M1911 pistol I received from CMP last year. We'll see how long this takes...
Old 05-13-2020, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danduf98 View Post

James Basta
Security+, CISM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Garandster View Post
FYI - the office referred to in the above reply is the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Acquisition, Logistics and Technology - ASA (ALT)), Program Executive Office (PEO), Enterprise Information Systems (EIS). This office falls under Headquarters, Department of the Army (HQDA); as such, the central Army FOIA office is most likely the office to which FOIA requests should be directed.

As a previous poster has noted, there is now a central U.S. Government FOIA website - https://www.foia.gov - that is operated by the Department of Justice. I too am using this process to learn more about the M1911 pistol I received from CMP last year. We'll see how long this takes...
FYI - I had also submitted a FOIA request to the USAMC Logistics Data Analysis Center (LDAC) (like several other forum members have) - today I received an identical reply from James Basta at USAMC LDAC that they are also referring my request to ASA (ALT)-PEO-EIS.

Therefore, it seems the way to submit these kind of FOIA requests is to make sure they are directed to the main Army FOIA office.