Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2020, 07:06 PM

We will be driving from Tampa. Got a 9 o'clock spot on Thursday. As long as the 8:30 group doesnt wipe out the stock I'm hoping for a good find for my kids and I.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:12 PM

8 hour round trip for me. More than happy to try it a time or two. Need to find another IHC and maybe an HRA to help fill out my collection and I don't seem to be doing very good from my Laz-Y-Boy

Rob
Old 05-26-2020, 07:19 PM

Default Daily report

All the great daily information with multiple daily reports from Tom when they were open before looks like is now over? What is wrong with this picture? I am sure it is a sad day for many of us as we move forward in these difficult times.Like Ron said long drives 9-12 hours plus to only get 30 minutes in the store only by reservation just does not seem fair.I believe business will be down in the next year big time for them.The 20-30 purchases in the morning early in the South Store is probably over. I hope I am wrong because I am a big fan of this organization and have supported it in the past as a customer and sponsor.Hopefully they will make some positive changes like more time in the store on quite days for the long haul customers and others in the future.

Last edited by cb36; 05-26-2020 at 07:55 PM. Reason: spelling spelling
Old 05-26-2020, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronwall View Post
It's a 12 hr round trip drive for me. I'm not going to make that drive then have only 30 minutes to pick out a rifle.
It's about 2 hours for me....but work limits when I can go, and that 30 minutes isn't long enough to do a lot, especially if the people ahead of you get all the good stuff

I don't blame you on the 12 hour trip....that wouldn't be worth it
Old 05-26-2020, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
We will be driving from Tampa. Got a 9 o'clock spot on Thursday. As long as the 8:30 group doesnt wipe out the stock I'm hoping for a good find for my kids and I.
We have the 9:30 slot, leave us a good one!
Old 05-26-2020, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb36 View Post
All the great daily information with multiple daily reports from Tom when they were open before looks like is now over? What is wrong with this picture? I am sure it is a sad day for many of us as we move forward in these difficult times.Like Ron said long drives 9-12 hours plus to only get 30 minutes in the store only by reservation just does not seem fair.I believe business will be down in the next year big time for them.The 20-30 purchases in the morning early in the South Store is probably over. I hope I am wrong because I am a big fan of this organization and have supported it in the past as a customer and sponsor.Hopefully they will make some positive changes like more time in the store on quite days for the long haul customers and others in the future.
I'm not blaming CMP as I realize that they have to follow CDC, State and Local guidelines and I deal with the same issue on a daily basis at my workplace so I understand where they're coming from. When I make the trip to the store I typically get there around 11am or so and stay for two or three hours. Over the years I've learned a lot just by handling the rifles in the store which is one of the reasons I make the voyage. As long as the capacity of the store is not exceeded and/or no one is waiting outside for a chance to get in I don't see the harm in letting someone exceed the 30 minutes once a day limit. Maybe this will, at some point be addressed or better yet Alabama's Governor will work towards returning things to normal ASAP