Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2019, 06:51 PM

Installed and picture taken, not as classy as your shots but they show progress.

Not tested yet, no time to get to the range for a few weeks. Iím pretty sure my handguard ring is too tightly bound and front bayonet lug is too, little if any movement and not really upward pressure. But will take that as first pass assembly shoot it and see, maybe repeat and bed it better.

https://imgur.com/a/TP4lkfq

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordmorgul View Post
Installed and picture taken, not as classy as your shots but they show progress.

Not tested yet, no time to get to the range for a few weeks. Iím pretty sure my handguard ring is too tightly bound and front bayonet lug is too, little if any movement and not really upward pressure. But will take that as first pass assembly shoot it and see, maybe repeat and bed it better.

https://imgur.com/a/TP4lkfq
Looks good. Also looks like whoever turned it into a sporter just took the original stock and cut it down. The things people do to cheap old military surplus rifles until they become harder to find and expensive.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingspar View Post
Looks good. Also looks like whoever turned it into a sporter just took the original stock and cut it down. The things people do to cheap old military surplus rifles until they become harder to find and expensive.

Yep exactly, it was cut and a matching rear swivel was placed forward rather than the swivel front band.

Ironically, the metal buttplate was still there which probably weighs as much as the metal bands together, except maybe for the bayonet lug. Total savings in weight was minimal. However I would say it had a chance of being a more acccurate rifle overall that way because the stock is fully relieved and floating. But I like it better this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk