Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2019, 11:12 AM

Here are some shots. Not my phone pics though.
https://imgur.com/a/f0YDLED
Old 05-19-2019, 11:40 AM

Nice photos.
I'd leave the stickers in place, not only because of the difficulty in complete removal, and the history, but also to prove beyond a doubt that some JROTC rifles survived with stocks intact after years of ham handed manuals-of-arms practice!
Old 05-19-2019, 04:37 PM

I'm going to leave those on it.

But now I'm rethinking where I got it. That came off of an SA bought from the old CMP store because it had a nice WRA barrel on it. Does that even make sense for a JROTC to be on a Service Grade? I know for certain now by reviewing my records that the drill had a WRA stock which my spread sheet says is why I bought it.
Only bought 3 Garands that aren't from CMP. Two had WRA stocks and the SA had a fake cartouched GAW.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:41 PM

That stock is neat. If you want to swap for something without stickers let me know. Sure I can scare something up. I like stock art.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:01 AM

Take the sticker off. Use some goo gone to get the residue off. Yes, it's a part of it's history but of all things historical in the military, JROTC? Not quite how I want to remember my M1.

You can certainly do what you want.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:25 AM

No overhang.
https://imgur.com/a/1dHIMBL
Old 05-21-2019, 10:12 AM

While I don't mind painted or stamped rack numbers on a stock I don't like stickers or tape on them. It's your rifle to do with as you please but if it were mine that sticker would have to go. FWIW if I was interested in buying the stock or the whole rifle the sticker being there would lessen what I would be willing to pay.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:58 AM

You could see if Sheeple Fighter has one in equal condition with no sticker and swap, then you'd both be happy. Although it's a clean sticker, if it were mine I would remove it, but I see no harm in keeping it on there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2019, 05:54 PM

I’m going to dig through some stocks this weekend to see what I can come up with. Several years back I’d be in the camp of removing the sticker. I’m now in the leave lie camp, part of the history. I’d just rather shoot anymore than collect and correct. If I do “correct” any I now save the parts that came on the gun.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:29 AM

Sounds righteous. My Dad was in ROTC and handling the M1 Garand was memorable to him. Someone in JROTC would probably have similar feelings.