Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2018, 08:40 AM

In light of this: "When this year’s allotment of 1911s is exhausted, the remaining orders will be held in the existing sequence for all future allotments of 1911s. The CMP does not know what future allotments might be."

Hypothetical. If they were to get say 100,000 orders this year. All not drawn numbers get applied to subsequent years. Does this mean that no future orders would be accepted. Since you had enough initial application drawing numbers to fill up your entire possible 1911 allocation. I only ask this because I have friends who are saying they will apply in future years and I tell them you may not be able to.
Old 05-16-2018, 09:06 AM
CMP Chief Operating Officer

You are correct. All who are interested in owning a 1911 type pistol from CMP should send in paperwork 4 September thru 4 October, 2018.
Old 05-16-2018, 09:45 AM

One last question so I don't screw the pooch, and I will get out of your hair. Am I correct in thinking that we can email you our FFL information now? Only the formal paperwork portion must be postmarked between the two dates.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveE View Post
One last question so I don't screw the pooch, and I will get out of your hair. Am I correct in thinking that we can email you our FFL information now? Only the formal paperwork portion must be postmarked between the two dates.
Yes. The initial announcement states that.

It also states that they will stop accepting orders close of business October 4.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:21 AM

I saw in the initial announcement that the FFL was the only item that can be provided separately. I must have missed where it said you can start sending them immediately.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveE View Post
I saw in the initial announcement that the FFL was the only item that can be provided separately. I must have missed where it said you can start sending them immediately.
Quote:
CMP 1911 FFL CONTACT INFORMATION DETAILS:
All 1911ís will be shipped to a 01, 02 or 07 Federal Firearms License. Customers MUST provide a signed copy of the 01, 02 or 07 FFL.

CMP 1911 dedicated fax number 256-831-2354 for FFL dealers to fax their FFLs with the customerís name attached.
CMP 1911 dedicated email address [email protected] to send their FFLs with customer's name attached.
CMP 1911 is currently accepting FFL contacts pursuant to FFL requirements.
This
Old 05-16-2018, 10:30 AM

Thx
Old 05-16-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
Actually they have for FFL info.......From the 1911 Information page.
1. CMP 1911 dedicated fax number 256-831-2354 for FFL dealers to fax their FFLs with the customerís name attached.
2. CMP 1911 dedicated email address [email protected] to send their FFLs with customer's name attached.
3. CMP 1911 is currently accepting FFL contacts pursuant to FFL requirements.

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/1911-information/
My Bad, missed that...Carry on...
Old 05-16-2018, 06:44 PM

I get the feeling most complaining here have never bought a firearm mail order like from Bids guns shop Gunbroker. This really is not complicated it’s a very simple process that takes place every single day

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by drslash View Post
Yes, I do. I regularly patronize 2 local gun shops (FFL holders). I am acquainted with both owners. One (A) will not do transfers of firearms that he does not sell. The other (B) will provide the service to transfer a firearm and charges a fee. (A) is also ultra careful when transferring a sold firearm to customers. When I have bought firearms from his shop, 3 people have to review the transaction and the 4473 before the sale is complete. (B) does all the requisite paperwork with the salesperson completing the 4473 with no double or triple checking and I am out the door in minutes. I don't know what potential trouble there is by doing a transfer between 2 FFLs and then a transfer to an individual but gun shop (A) doesn't even want to step near the rabbit hole. It's his choice and I don't have a problem with that.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNXGuy View Post
I get the feeling most complaining here have never bought a firearm mail order like from Bids guns shop Gunbroker. This really is not complicated itís a very simple process that takes place every single day

Joe
I hope it is too complicating for most people to figure out. It leaves more of them for those of us that know the process well