Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2018, 11:43 PM

CMP; persons who reside in CA and do not have a CA ID or CA Drivers License may not purchase a firearm, except active duty military. They may purchase a CA legal firearm with a copy of their PCS orders and active duty ID. They can not get a COE nor a FSC because they do not have a CA drivers license or ID. They do not need a FSC per CA because the DOJ exempts them from it because they are active duty. How will these individuals be handled?
Old 08-24-2018, 06:56 AM

There are procedures in place.
Old 08-24-2018, 07:10 AM

Talking Isn't California Considered a Foreign Deployment for Service Personnel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcisniper View Post
CMP; persons who reside in CA and do not have a CA ID or CA Drivers License may not purchase a firearm, except active duty military. They may purchase a CA legal firearm with a copy of their PCS orders and active duty ID. They can not get a COE nor a FSC because they do not have a CA drivers license or ID. They do not need a FSC per CA because the DOJ exempts them from it because they are active duty. How will these individuals be handled?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
There are procedures in place.
It seems to me that the answer is in this thread, except that California is not overseas (unfortunately).

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=231773

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post

People Deployed out of CONUS/Overseas

For all those that are deployed or stationed overseas, please include a copy of your orders with your order packet showing you are out of CONUS. By doing this when your number is selected CMP1911 will hold your order until you are back in CONUS and can take delivery. Make sure you include a good email address and or contact information so CMP1911 can contact you. This does not mean if you are out of the country for vacation or whatever we will hold a pistol til you get home. This is being done for those in the military/gov't serving our country. IF YOU ARE NOT ON ORDERS WE WILL NOT HOLD AN ORDER. END OF DISCUSSION
Hopefully CMP will treat California sales like any other foreign country, given that it is a hardship tour for the military stationed there.

Trying to inject a little humor into a massive amount of angst....

or

"If you can't laugh about it you shouldn't've volunteered!"

"Life is Good!"
Old 08-24-2018, 04:42 PM

I have lived in California all my life, and it has certainly become foreign to me.
Old 08-24-2018, 05:18 PM

The people who answer the phones at DOJ are on the lower end of the food chain. The people in the know are higher up and do not answer phones. A C.O.E. is not needed in California, but the people giving that answer might think it is needed. I believe they are also NOT allowed to give a legal interpretation so rather than get in trouble they seek the easy way out.

Besides if it was needed the 1911 would just be at the FFL anyways without any law violations. The actual violation would be at the time of the transfer and not the shipping. The FFL would simply not allow the transfer. My FFL will transfer it to me without a problem as its a C&R handgun.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:04 PM

Just curious...has anyone found an FFL in CA willing to take delivery of a CMP 1911? I live in Corona, CA out near Riverside and talked with 4 gun dealers who either say it's not on the California Roster of approved handguns and/or if it's a C&R then I must have a Class 03 FFL to take delivery from them...one dealer did not know what the CMP was! If someone could recommend an FFL in the SoCal area, (ie, LA to San Diego), willing to do business, I'd appreciate it.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:18 PM

There are at least two down in SD that are willing to. Send me a PM and I can send you their info.