Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles > Mann Accuracy Device
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2013, 05:20 PM

Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMFn542bob View Post
STOLEN - MANN Accuracy Rifle
The gun and the case were not stolen after all. I found the case this afternoon with the gun with the scope mounted inside, on top the shooting bench, under a sheet and boxes of parts.
Is my face red? YES.
Now I must also notify the police. It's very unlikely anyone spirited it back into the garage. I don't know how long it will take me to get back to the plans I had for it when it disappeared one year ago.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMFn542bob View Post
The gun and the case were not stolen after all. I found the case this afternoon with the gun with the scope mounted inside, on top the shooting bench, under a sheet and boxes of parts.
Is my face red? YES.
Now I must also notify the police. It's very unlikely anyone spirited it back into the garage. I don't know how long it will take me to get back to the plans I had for it when it disappeared one year ago.
Great, time for a Jimmy Dean, Sausage, EGG, and Cheese Biscuit.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241
Old 10-27-2013, 05:48 PM

That's funny.
DBU: 1/26/11
E Store: 2/21/11
CCC: 2/21/11
Shipped: 2/22/11
Rcd: 2/23/11
Old 10-27-2013, 05:58 PM

I'm glad you found you're rifle. Take it from a cop, people report misplaced property stolen all the time. It may be embarassing, but it sure beats the alternative!
Old 10-27-2013, 06:37 PM

I have a friend who had something similar happen but it was 36 years before he found it( his son had put it somewhere and forgotten) Insurance co told him keep it dont know what the cops told him. I wish I could say I never made a mistake!
Old 10-28-2013, 02:07 PM

You gotta get back on that horse Bob. Besides, your progress was inspiring as well as educational and beneficial. I've been picking away ta my prject Mann less enthusisatically since your Mann took a vacation...
Old 10-28-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmfn542bob View Post
the gun and the case were not stolen after all. I found the case this afternoon with the gun with the scope mounted inside, on top the shooting bench, under a sheet and boxes of parts.
Is my face red? Yes.
Now i must also notify the police. It's very unlikely anyone spirited it back into the garage. I don't know how long it will take me to get back to the plans i had for it when it disappeared one year ago.
good!
Old 10-28-2013, 04:02 PM

Glad you found it! You might have a red face, but at least it's not from being mad.
Registered Voter
Old 11-04-2013, 06:34 PM

I left a BALVAR 24 scope at home when I set up my table at a gun show on a Friday evening. Sat morning the scope was not on my table. I reported it to the police and gun show security. Two different people told me who they thought had stolen it. Was I embarrassed when I found it at home when I returned there on Sat. evening.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:02 AM

Now we want more pictures of the project