Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2012, 07:49 AM

Default Remington 40X barreled actions

I was thinking about odering one. Are they in pretty good shape.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:52 PM

hope you mean receiver not action. pretty sure those have been gone for a while. might want to call and make sure that the receivers are even still in stock.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:08 PM

receiver is what I mean sorry
Old 02-17-2012, 04:03 PM

Thumbs up

Received one in early July of last year and it was classic "service grade"...Some worn bluing, a few nicks and scratches here and there but overall very nice.

It was truly "stripped"...Basically nothing but a receiver and a barrel, the only "extra" supplied was the feedramp/ejector block and the screw which secures it into the breech area. Oh yes! ...and the stub of a screw that had been sheared off in one of the front sight base mounting holes! Thank goodness for miniature "EZ outs" from Craftsman! Worked like a charm at extracting the stub.

I have since successfully turned this BR into a beautiful USMC 40X by carefully hunting down all the missing parts. CMP, Numrich, Outback Gun Parts, Midway, and Pacific Tool and Gauge for the bolt.

The endeavor certainly has been more costly than the complete (sans sights) USMC 40X I purchased from CMP a few years back but the build up has indeed been a worthwhile and fun project.

So now I have twin USMC 40X's! If you consider the "below market", price of aquisition, of the earlier "complete" 40X and the relatively "high" price of doing the second one from parts, I am still in the black considering the true market value of the pair.

Bottom line? 40X's are Nicey Nice! USMC 40X's are rare!...I say snag one while you can and start hunting parts. Afterall, it's only Money! Uncle Sam will print more!

Steve
Old 02-17-2012, 08:48 PM

Thanks for the info. And for Uncle Sam he spends it as fast as he prints it and still comes to me with his hand out. Thanks again.

Jeff
Old 02-17-2012, 10:10 PM

Received two USMC 40X barrel and receiver's three weeks ago. Nice condition, well worth building into complete rifles. Two bolts on order from PT & G. Now to find the rest of the parts.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:19 PM

Thanks for the replies.