Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2010, 10:49 AM

Default Late SA stock question...

I would like to know if any late production 5.8 (1955) SAs came with stocks that have a non-serif proof P, just like this "P"?

Please do not guess on this, I need some solid proof. Looking at a rifle that is all correct, but the proof P on the stock. I do not recall any mention of this change, if it is correct.

I know that there has been discussion about other maker parts on late SAs. Please help me out on this if you can?
Old 12-20-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP10-32 View Post
I would like to know if any late production 5.8 (1955) SAs came with stocks that have a non-serif proof P, just like this "P"?

Please do not guess on this, I need some solid proof. Looking at a rifle that is all correct, but the proof P on the stock. I do not recall any mention of this change, if it is correct.

I know that there has been discussion about other maker parts on late SAs. Please help me out on this if you can?
Springfield Armory used the 1/2" DAS and serifed "P" exclusively on all of their post war production rifle stocks in the 5mil and 6mil range.... They also used them on post-war rebuild stocks, including on birch stocks.