Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2020, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingbanshee View Post
Early Inland with a standard products stock? It is only original, as issued once. What else might not be correct? I do not see why people are so happy to get a beat up, import carbine, early features or not. Different strokes for different folks.
No, I did a total disassemble. All correct except the Standard Products stock. Internals show little if any wear. I'll take this over other sources where your always wondering if what you purchased is the real deal or a good put together.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:23 AM

That's the reason for the clamour on the RTI early feature ones. They're popular for people who can't determine repop and put together from these which are USGI, mostly original with an import mark and in rough condition. Some advanced collectors have bought one, probably to partake in the historical aspect or are gambling that they'll get a buried treasure. I get it.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:12 AM

I personally know of two carbines that were run by knowledgeable experts who pronounced the carbines original as issued when in reality they were very well done put togethers.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:23 AM

Unfortunately, being knowledgeable or an advanced collector doesn't mean they're either perfect or even necessarily ethical.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:38 AM

A cottage industry has developed around faking especially in the faking of WWII 98K Mauser bring backs.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deldriver View Post
Unfortunately, being knowledgeable or an advanced collector doesn't mean they're either perfect or even necessarily ethical.
I know very advanced Carbine people, and some interesting inside experiences have been shared with me. Both of the things you say are true. Plenty of people quoted as knowledgeable, really aren't. Some active people pose as knowledgeable on web sites.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingbanshee View Post
Early Inland with a standard products stock? It is only original, as issued once. What else might not be correct? I do not see why people are so happy to get a beat up, import carbine, early features or not. Different strokes for different folks.
Definitely agree there.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:05 AM

With the Ethiopian you know it is a 100% real deal verses the pristine safe queen you might beholding that could well be a put together fake.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:59 AM

Er, I'm pretty sure plenty of people can tell put together. I don't reckon the majority of people would take an RTI over a well done put together. It'll be interesting to see how they're received in 5 years.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:59 AM

Parts swapping is going to happen on the RTI rifles as well, long term if not short. Same as it has on every other batch of surplus rifles. Not on every rifle of course, but it will be on the future buyer to be educated and alert. I've already seen RTI rifles on GB.