Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2015, 10:30 AM

Default Anyone in the Metro Atlanta have a Reamer?

I ordered a barrel for my SA Garand yesterday, I have a vise block and most of the tools I need for a swap, so ill mount and clock the barrel. But I am not really wanting to spend a couple of hundred on a pull through reamer and a set of go/no go gauges for a single use. I was hoping to find someone local that has these tools that would be willing to rent them to me for an hour or so (or let me pay you to do it, I know folks are guarded of there tools).
I live in North Forsyth County but am more than willing to drive a bit for some help.
Feel free to message me or text (770)722-9608 if you can help or have some advise. I've been building ARs and AKs for quite awhile but this will be my first go at a Garand.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:30 PM

I rented a .308 reamer and headspace guages from here, good service. Was less than $100 for the rental and shipping both ways.

http://www.reamerrentals.com
Old 04-16-2015, 05:22 AM

I don't have the tools or the knowledge, but there is a gentleman out my way that can do it. I live west of Atlanta in Carroll County, about half way between Atl and the south store.
Let me know and I will give you his info
Old 04-16-2015, 09:18 AM

Barrel changing and reaming requires more money, tools, and knowledge for a 1-time job than I have. I recommend that you take it to the CMP shop where they can do it.

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/custom-g...the-m1-garand/
Used GI barrels can also be installed but due to high headspace failure rate, fee will apply whether successful or not.

Taking it there would be a VERY valid reason to pick up some ammo or another rifle.

Last edited by trfindley; 04-16-2015 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfindley View Post
Barrel changing and reaming requires more money, tools, and knowledge for a 1-time job than I have. I recommend that you take it to the CMP shop where they can do it.

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/custom-g...the-m1-garand/
Used GI barrels can also be installed but due to high headspace failure rate, fee will apply whether successful or not.

Taking it there would be a VERY valid reason to pick up some ammo or another rifle.
Yea I think Ill just rent one, wasn't sure if anyone had a reamer or not that could loan me about 20 min of time haha I think most folks are like me, Just not willing to drop $200 on a reamer

Tags
barrel, barrel change, barrel replacement, reamer, reaming