Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > NM Collector CMP Edition Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2019, 08:29 AM

Default C&R functionality

Just downloaded your program yesterday and spent a lot of time getting things entered. I used to use MyGunDB and thought it decent in dealing with C&R issues like reports.

I have all my C&R guns selected as such under the descriptions tab. If I wanted to print out a A and D report listing just these guns, how would I do this? MyGunDB seemed much more in tune with this aspect and I understand your program is perhaps not. When I look at the reports button, I would think there should be a C&R option, not just A and D.

I probably am overlooking the obvious, I may just need to play around with it more.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:22 AM

I read your blog a few times and the conclusion I come to is that you like the paper "bound "book", and you understand why someone would want it automated. I don't see anywhere where you say it is compatible with the ATF version of a "bound book". Maybe dancing around the idea is a better way to say it? This is from your C&R blog a few posts down:

"I retained the C&R license holder driven concepts and extended them to apply to other types of collections. A C&R collector will find the labels intuitive but the special bound book driven terms tends to throw other types of collectors off. However, with my love of the old C&R bound book, I see this as an opportunity to educate others in the beauty and applicability of it to other types of collectibles."

I'm not sure what this is saying. I think you have a cool product and I'm excited to give it a good try, I was just concerned that the loose idea of a bound book exist- just not a fuctional one.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:29 PM

Bump for a hopeful reply.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skohler View Post
Bump for a hopeful reply.
I didn't realize you wanted a reply. I thought you were just expressing your opinion. Can you rephrase your question to be a little clearer as to what you want to hear from me? Thanks.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
If I wanted to print out a A and D report listing just these guns, how would I do this? MyGunDB seemed much more in tune with this aspect and I understand your program is perhaps not. When I look at the reports button, I would think there should be a C&R option, not just A and D.
If you could give me some advice about the above that would be a big help.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
If you could give me some advice about the above that would be a big help.
First select "yes" for the include in reports option. This enables you to exclude any item from any reports for whatever reason.

Then, with the firearms collection template, unless you modified it, you set the A&D flag for each firearm that you want included in the A&D reports.

In general, you either purchased a Firearm with your FFL or you didn't. This gives you the option to identify which ones you purchased with your FFL. With my C&R license, I include any and all of my C&R eligible firearms in my C&R "Bound Book" whether I purchased them with my C&R license or not. Some people say I don't need to do that but I don't want to cause any doubt in case of an audit. Anyway, I hope this answers your question.

Thank you.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2019, 09:26 AM

There is a yes/no selection for "C&R" in the description tab. Wouldn't it be significantly easier to list this as a specific option for a report? Call it "C&R report" and just use that single description box. I was able to generate a report with your instructions, so I appreciate your help there. I'm just thinking like an end user and thinking about what would be more user friendly.

I believe I had read where single numbered sheets can be printed, I would assume a single sheet with a single gun with acquisition and disposal info that can then be used in a 3 ring binder. Could you go through that process with me?

Thanks
Steve
Old 03-22-2019, 05:40 PM

Quote:
I believe I had read where single numbered sheets can be printed, I would assume a single sheet with a single gun with acquisition and disposal info that can then be used in a 3 ring binder. Could you go through that process with me?

Not sure where you read this but single item reports are only available for Maintenance, Events, and Data Sheets. Please tell me where you read that so I can attempt to fix or address it.

Thanks,
Old 03-22-2019, 06:29 PM

Question: Will NM Collector Software meet the approval of a BATFE C&R FFL inspection?
Answer: Given the new BATFE requirements for alternate records (found here) the answer is “no”. However, given the BATFE definition for a “Bound Book”(found here) you can print a C&R report from NM Collector Software and assemble the pages to make up your bound book. Further, the rulings listed above may change at any time. It is up to you to keep track of the latest BATFE rulings and make your own decision as to the suitability of this software for your purposes.

I think maybe I interpreted this wrong from you support area of your website. I’m just trying to make this work for my needs, still figuring out how to navigate your program.