Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > EIC Pistol
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: EIC pistol in which caliber?
9mm 2 13.33%
.45 10 66.67%
.38 Super Comp 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2019, 01:13 PM

Well that match was sobering. No surprise, the three winners were all Distinguished military shooters. The disappointing thing was that I read the As-Issued rules and followed them, but wasted my practice time trying to find a fixed sight pistol in my collection that shot POA/POI at 25 yards. The three winners would have won with a Hi Point, but they all shot their match guns with Bo-Mar sights. I shot both relays trying two pistols. The first was good, the second POI was about 8" above POA, but I still couldn't group with that one to save my life. On the first relay, I threw my first sight-in shot low, but had a 10 and three Xs with two hands. I guess I'll keep practicing in hopes I improve, but I learned I can't shoot one-handed to save my life.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm97 View Post
Well that match was sobering. No surprise, the three winners were all Distinguished military shooters. The disappointing thing was that I read the As-Issued rules and followed them, but wasted my practice time trying to find a fixed sight pistol in my collection that shot POA/POI at 25 yards. The three winners would have won with a Hi Point, but they all shot their match guns with Bo-Mar sights. I shot both relays trying two pistols. The first was good, the second POI was about 8" above POA, but I still couldn't group with that one to save my life. On the first relay, I threw my first sight-in shot low, but had a 10 and three Xs with two hands. I guess I'll keep practicing in hopes I improve, but I learned I can't shoot one-handed to save my life.
Did the match program indicate they were not adhering to the as-issued rules?
Old 06-02-2019, 06:30 PM

They announced at the safety brief that it wouldn't be sanctioned, but maybe next year's would be. I wish they would have said that in the emails leading up to it. I'd have spent my match fee on more ammo instead. I wanted to get in a sanctioned CMP match.