Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2011, 09:35 AM

Default SOLD: CMP M1D Garand SG sniper rifle - more pics

SOLD: CMP M1D Garand SG sniper rifle

The barrel & receiver are in great shape - looks to have been test fired at most. The buttstock has a very nice pattern in it. It also has a milled trigger guard, which locks up solid.
I'm not a Garand expert, and I have not detail stripped the gun, but so far I noticed it has the following parts:
Springfield Armory - Barrel, Receiver, bolt, Trigger Housing, & Hammer.
Op-rod is also SA marked. The safety is marked "IHC", and the gas plug screw is marked with what looks like a "P" and "o".

The only problems I see are the rear sight cover is loose (cheap & easy to replace), and the buttstock itself is dry - it will need some oiling, and possibly a little sanding / steaming depending on how you want it to look. But like I mentioned, the grain is really nice, and the handguards should match very closely once everything is oiled.

The CMP hardcase, Garand owner's booklet, one Enbloc clip, and chamber flag will all be included with the rifle. The CMP certificate will accompany the rifle if desired. I will also throw in an extra Army field manual (covers the M1 Garand rifle) as my way of saying thanks for helping me free up some cash! I am not making any profit on this, just want to get back what I paid for it. I also have plenty of positive feedback here on the board.

SOLD to patio
$1522 /FTF - $40 additional if shipped/insured to your FFL. If you are a Texas resident, this can be shipped directly to you. Copy of valid DL or CHL, and bill of sale will be required.

I will answer PMs, but first "I'll take it" rules.

Last edited by notorious_m1; 04-15-2011 at 11:29 PM. Reason: sold
Old 02-19-2011, 12:47 PM

Where in Texas are you?
Old 02-20-2011, 11:41 AM

I'm in the south Houston area.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:45 PM

Default M1d

I am interested, I am located north of Houston. I am selling a vehicle Friday and if that works out. I would have the funds.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:14 PM

Default additional pictures

the grain of the wood gets really wild from the pistol grip area towards the buttstock. The remaining grain has a very strong character and looks better in person. It should match up well when everything is oiled.
Of course the stock will need a little bit of attention as it is dry and has a few dings, but it is good USGI wood as it came from the CMP. The pistol grip has a non-serif 'P' on it. Lock up is nice and tight.

I don't have gauges, but the rifle is graded as a CMP 'Service Grade' M1D rifle. The crown is in excellent shape, and the bore looks extremely nice. The bullet test was performed with '66 HXP M2 ball.

Last edited by notorious_m1; 04-15-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:51 AM

saturday bump!
Old 03-10-2011, 09:04 PM

I'll take it.
She was with the Russians too?

Tags
cmp, garand, m1d, rifle, sniper