Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 09:21 AM

Default New M1 - Looking for original stock and 5-43 barrel

Hi all-

Just bought an M1 that appears to have been corrected by the previous owner. All the parts check out as 1943 parts (SN: 15873xx). However, I am a bit concerned because the chamber is not bright and the stock is a replica (I've been told since it is in like-new condition). How does this affect the value? I'm considering putting a non-correct WWII stock on it for character and pseudo-originality. I don't like the idea of the replica stock. If anyone has a SA/EMcF stock for sale I'd be very interested. Also, what is the general concesus on replacing the refinished barrel? Waste of money? Thanks in advance for the input. Pictures below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9265986...oto_8421491100
Old 02-26-2013, 09:56 AM

I could be wrong but I read somewhere that the chamber isn't always in the white depending on the year. I can't seem to find the I fo right now but I know I read it somewhere.

there is a ton a great folks on here I'm sure they will help. yes I still have my emcf btw.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:54 AM

the chamber should/would be "in the white" unless it was arsenal refurbished.

cost VG to EXC condition 1943 barrel (ebay) etc. = 400-600
cost VG to EXC (real) EMcF stock = 600 - 1000+ (easy) (PS, try to get a right to return if it turns out to have a fake cartouche--identify who can make this determination, etc.)

A 43 rifle with correct barrel/receiver match (albeit not original parkerizing) + VG other correct parts (Lock Bars + Uncut Op-Rod + Gas Screw) would be worth about 1000 bucks (perhaps a bit more parted out).

Last edited by HughUno; 02-26-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Tags
5-43, barrel, sa/emcf, stock, wtb