Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2014, 08:39 PM

10XLOL I think everyone is going through "Ask Orest withdrawal." Only four more days and he'll be baaaaaack!
Old 04-24-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldvetteman View Post
10XLOL I think everyone is going through "Ask Orest withdrawal." Only four more days and he'll be baaaaaack!
The waiting is the hardest part...
Old 04-24-2014, 10:59 PM

Lightbulb

Just do a search for executive order. It took me about 1 minute to find this:

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....xecutive+order

What Orest said in the last post before he locked the thread was pretty clear. It's exactly what he said in person in Cody.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:38 AM

Guy posted same crap on m14 forum. Chicken little the is not falling
Old 04-25-2014, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlewis View Post
Sorry guys, my mistake I thought the rifles would be going to the CMP.

You have posted this on at least 4 forums and you have gotten all huffy each time when told you were wrong. Have you apologized on each forum yet?
Old 04-25-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken792 View Post
The EO ban on importation does not affect the CMP because the CMP does not import its firearms. The CMP receives surplus from the DoD. Sometimes that surplus is located overseas, and the CMP pays for the transit home, but it was always DoD property.

If you want the CMP to get more rifles, then contact your representatives to try to get foreign countries to return their MAP loaned rifles. I know Turkey received about 328k M1. A few tens of thousands were destroyed during the Klinton administration and a few thousand were returned to the DoD and then to the CMP in late 2012. The Turks still likely have the rest of them and are holding on to them for war reserve. Hopefully they will give them back soon.
Could someone explain the difference between MAP rifles and Korean rifles.Shouldn't these be given back to the DoD/Army? I'm probably missing something here that makes them different.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:28 AM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLD View Post
Could someone explain the difference between MAP rifles and Korean rifles.Shouldn't these be given back to the DoD/Army? I'm probably missing something here that makes them different.
They probably should be given back but, Korea wants to sell them to the highest bidder (importer) for the $$ and won't return them through the normal return process.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mike in NC

The story that I heard was that we both loaned and sold Garands and M1 carbines to South Korea. It seems that the only ones left in serviceable condition are the ones we sold them according to those in Korea that want to sell them back to us. I guess the loaned ones selectively were lost, stolen, worn out, damaged, or other otherwise not available for use at this time. The other more rediculous part of the story is that those firearms that they want to sell back to belong not to the government of South Korea, but belong to certain high placed South Korean Generals that claim personal ownership of the weapons. Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapriester View Post
They probably should be given back but, Korea wants to sell them to the highest bidder (importer) for the $$ and won't return them through the normal return process.

Tags
cmp, politics