Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > Bolt Action
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2014, 09:28 PM

Default 30" Krag Barrel Good Bore

SPF - Full length 30" Krag Barrel with good bore, shiny (I was really surprised when this one cleaned up so nicely with just hoppes and a little touch of JB), with one small spot near the muzzle, looks like crud and will probably go clean with the first few rounds. My bore picture doesn't do it justice.

The front sight is goobered (not by me) in an attempt to pull the front sight blade probably.

Finish is very good, with a nice deep blue-brown no major dings, I'd say well over 90%. Handling blemishes near muzzle (not major, shown in pictures). You be the judge and return shipping is on me if you're not satisfied within a non-firing week.

Bought it as a barreled receiver with a 260k 1898 Springfield Krag (receiver looked twisted and showed pipe wrench marks). I removed it with proper action wrench and barrel blocks, no marks from my work - though it was a bear, required freezing and some man-draulics. The threads remain in good shape. It was indexed perfectly on the receiver, probably original to it, may require fitting to time and headspace as any replacement barrel would.

Priced according to finish, bore, and goobered front sight (repairable or removable, as these were soldered), bought it to restore my cut-down Krag, but decided I like the fake carbine as my new woods gun, and built up a full rifle separately.

http://s1166.photobucket.com/user/co...030in%20Barrel

$100 shipped, USPS MO, Discreet PP gift, Bank Check, or Personal Check (barrel held until it clears).

Will list on Ebay or GB higher in coming weeks but wanted to give forum members a crack at it first.

Email or PM with questions.

-JC

Last edited by jfcasilio; 07-29-2014 at 06:59 AM. Reason: SPF for dc49
Old 07-29-2014, 06:27 AM

Default barrel

I'll take it, PM on the way.

Tags
1898, barrel, krag, springfield