Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2010, 12:42 PM

Default Jimenez Arms

Got a call from a really nice gal the other day said she was with a company and wanted me to be a dealer for their guns. Well I said what the heck and listened to her. They offered a line of handguns made in America (that boggles my mind) and they have 22 cal, 25, cal, 380, and 9mm handguns. I said ok what’s the catch and what’s the price well come to find out I can sell a beautiful looking 9mm in blue, brushed chrome or pure high polished chrome for a max of 210.00 or 199.00 if blue or brushed chrome. The 380's run 159.00. So I said what the heck send me one of each of the 380 and 9mm as do not believe in 22 cal or 25 cal for self defense, again one of my personal preferences. I got the guns the first of this week with free 2nd day shipping. Geeezzz I looked at these guns and for 199.00 I just could not believe what they were selling. Now keep in mind these are not Sigs or Glocks but a cheap self defense gun. I would not wait more than 10 min and headed downstairs to my indoor shooting range I have and went through about 1/2 a box of 9mm with no problems other than a slight adjustment of the adjustable rear sight. No problems. If I could say anything wrong it is a heavy gun but again it is all steel and not one of these plastic toys now they call guns. Then I could not resist and broke open the 380 and it has fixed sights and blew about 50 rounds with no problems using lucky gunner bulk FMJ ammo. So by gosh there are some things still made in the USA that are decent for the price. I can make about 30 or 40 bucks a gun which I am happy with that as I can hardly make that on a Smith & Wesson M&P series. Plus I do not have to explain why the trigger grinds when pulled. I have found a fix for that and after doing a dozen or so feel comfortable that it is a good fix and only takes about 30 min to do now. So when all the badmouthers start in on a cheap gun and say its made in China I will put my 2 cents in first. For 200.00 bucks for a 9MM that is well built and has a positive id that the gun is cocked and comes with a gunlock with 2 keys and extra magazine I am sold on them as 9 out of 10 customers that come in are looking for exactly what they make. Now I would never say that in the end after a thousand rounds you may find a problem but my concern is for that first 10 rounds and that 10 rounds only. and out of that my largest concern is that 1st bullet as if you know how to shoot one shot of a 9mm should do the trick.

Ok naysayers its your turn ha ha.
Regards and happy shooting to all of you.
Dave Henderson
www.heguns.com

Last edited by hegunshop; 07-09-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:20 PM

OK - fine, sounds like a nice weapon that should last for at least ten shots.

So why is this diatribe in the Parts For Sale section?
Old 07-09-2010, 06:06 PM

Because of people who do not know how maintain a weapon properly
Dave www.heguns.com
Old 07-13-2010, 01:45 AM

Looks like a newbie trolling for business.....
Old 07-13-2010, 07:12 AM

Al, I see several weapons advertised in the parts for sale section. Is that unacceptable?
Old 07-13-2010, 07:38 AM

Anything you say on here that does not agree with a few people is bad. People no longer realize we all can have differant opinions. I have been a certified gunsmith since the 1970's and enjoy working with people who are trying to get into the business as it has been very good to me and where else can you make 50.00 an hr at home and take a break whenever you whish. I do have a 01 FFL but sell very few guns as that is not the business I am in. Doing custome bluing is what I enjoy or now with the new plastic guns have a ton of work doing the triggers strikers and every other aftermarket part that is out to fix all the problems from these high priced guns. So at 61 with a business that has been extablished for a very long time I do not need to troll for any business. But Like I said you are welcome to your opinion and I am to mine. I just try to put useful info on here as I buy a lot from CMP and through it would be enjoyable to see how the Forum works, well its not enjoyable at all, and people who are hardly out of diapers are experts so they do not need any help as they already know everthing.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medalguy View Post
Looks like a newbie trolling for business.....

And the problem with that is?
Old 07-13-2010, 10:21 AM

I checked out the Jimenez Arms website and found nothing there to indicate that these are made in the USA. The distributor is located in Las Vegas. Nowdays, "Made in USA" is a BIG selling point, so if they were made here they would likely be saying so in their advertising.

I also don't see what the OP feels is so unusual about US made handguns. With the exception of that wannabe, Springfield Armory Inc. (guns made in Brazil), it seems that most other major handgun brands sold in this country are made here, including Ruger, S&W, Sig, Baretta, Kahr, KelTec, Kimber, and many others, ranging from inexpensive to high $ . . .

On a related subject, the Marketplace.Classified Ads Posting rules state:

"Vendors (or people selling quantities of the same item) must first contact the Administration"

"Sellers in the marketplace are REQUIRED to have their full name in their profile. Full names (First and Last Name) will be required in your profile. Users with obvious fake names in their profile or those that fail to put their full names and location in their profile will be deleted. We'll send you a reminder first by email."

Last edited by IditarodJoe; 07-13-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:07 PM

good to know