Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 09:33 AM

Default Match t-shirt FAIL.

First of all: Thank you CMP for another well run, safe, and enjoyable
(2018) National Rifle & Pistol Match. I am grateful for all the Staff and Volunteers.

I had a GREAT time.

That said: The t-shirt I received for the Garand Match with pink lettering on front, and partial pink design on the back is a FAIL.

Pink is a girl's color.

Shooter gender in this match was composed of 99% Men.

If I can find no Female relatives or friends who want this t-shirt, it will be cut up and used to clean my M1.

See you next year.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He knew war,and was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/

Last edited by rubicon762; 08-06-2018 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:06 AM

I wear a pink shirt to the family Christmas every year. Both of my brothers in law are so ********phobic it is crazy. If their sons ever do anything that might not be 100% masculine they freak out. They think that if one of them wears pink they will turn gay. I have been doing this for well over twenty years.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon762 View Post
First of all:
Well, the shirt is 99% black...

Not my first choice, but tolerable. I did Rodriguez AM match and I must say it was the smoothest run Garand match I've participated in at Perry.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon762 View Post
First of all: Thank you CMP for another well run, safe, and enjoyable
(2018) National Rifle & Pistol Match. I am grateful for all the Staff and Volunteers.

I had a GREAT time.

That said: The t-shirt I received for the Garand Match with pink lettering on front, and partial pink design on the back is a FAIL.

Pink is a girl's color.

If I can find no Female relatives or friends who want this t-shirt, it will be cut up and used to clean my M1.

See you next year.
I didn't attend Perry this year. I can shoot poorly for less money closer to home. If you're shirt is XL I'll buy it from you for a fair price shipped. Eddie
P.S. GO TRIBE !!!

Last edited by epm729; 08-06-2018 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:52 PM

well done Cranehunter Although I call my shirts 'salmon'

1st world problems, they can be painful.....
Old 08-06-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranehunter View Post
I wear a pink shirt to the family Christmas every year. Both of my brothers in law are so ********phobic it is crazy. If their sons ever do anything that might not be 100% masculine they freak out. They think that if one of them wears pink they will turn gay. I have been doing this for well over twenty years.
Hah I do crap like that to fool with people too.

I have pink shorts and a pink tropicana twister shirt I wear at different times to the races or when I am jogging/bike riding. But hey I would NEVER wear them at the same time lol. I think I have even worn the shirt to the range before... Oooops. Always I figured there were probably a bunch of ****phobes wandering what my deal is at the races, and with the big boy bravado super testosterone charged atmosphere at the range I guess it would be the same....

The wife and can attest to my heterosexual tendencies if anyone needs reassurance lol. Have a 14 year old daughter to prove it.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:32 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ItsGarand

hahaha

The T-Shirts are usually a point of discussion from year to year. The purple on grey or red over bright yellow comes to mind. Sometimes they are , others , and occasionally or .

Either way, I wear them all. Sometimes the "cloth" award is the only thing I walk away with.
Old 08-06-2018, 06:19 PM

Did you shoot like a girl?
Old 08-06-2018, 09:36 PM

Seriously?!? Maybe next year the shirt can be pink with black lettering, just for you....
Distinguished Rifleman #2297
Closed Thread