Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 11:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemanw View Post
No where on page 4A does it say you need to include 4A in the packet and I mailed off on the 5th. I will be pretty miffed if I'm disqualified.
You should be good.....
http://forums.thecmp.org/showpost.ph...87&postcount=1
Old 10-05-2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
Thank God, and thanks for the link! I was was having heart issues for a moment.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
No where on page 4A does it say you need to include 4A in the packet and I mailed off on the 5th. I will be pretty miffed if I'm disqualified.
At the top:
Quote:
To avoid delays in processing your order, please complete this checklist and submit it with pages 1A and 2A and 3A and the documentation specified in the ordering instructions.
... but as Shomway said, you're likely OK anyway.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrwindsor View Post
At the top:

... but as Shomway said, you're likely OK anyway.
Wow, derp, I sure missed that language..
Old 10-05-2018, 11:52 AM

Uhhh...it is right at the top of page 4A, under the red wording, but does not matter anymore as they said they would accept the packet anyway.
Any questions I had I PM 1911 Admin and and they answered all my questions without a problem. I guess some people are more sensitive than others. We all have to admit that some of the questions asked on here were ........... Most were in the instructions and it seemed most that asked the questions did not read the instructions. I enjoyed their tongue in cheek answers and a few made me laugh harder than I have in a long while. Why were they ill suited? Because you didn't get the answer you wanted to hear? From the get go they asked everyone not to speculate as it was taken as gospel by others and we all saw the headaches that caused. As to their answer to notify everyone , whats wrong with that? They don't know how many orders will be received so they won't know how long or when they can notify people. If they say we will notify everyone in 2 days everyone will be calling as soon as they read the post. I appreciate the tips and assistance they have given us. Think of the mess if they had not kept everyone up on what is going on and mistakes they were seeing. I say THANK YOU CMP 1911 ADMIN for putting up with all of us. I will now climb down from my soapbox.

Last edited by majorfa; 10-05-2018 at 11:53 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-05-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Wow, derp, I sure missed that language..
Not really your fault.

The exact same language is on the non-1911 paperwork, sheet "4A" as well. Just about everyone that's browsed this (and other) forums know that it's really an optional sheet used to assist the buyer and not used by the CMP shop.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:37 PM

There is something to said for what the OP has said
Old 10-05-2018, 12:41 PM

I haven’t been called yet! It’s not fair! Get on the ball! Wine, wine, and more wine. If you don’t like the game, don’t play. The same goes for a sales process. I followed the instructions and hope to be OFFERED a nice one, if not, on to the next thing.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:56 PM

Default Ritual Suicide!?

There is a rumor that several people will be committing Ritual Suicide [Seppuku, (Japanese: “self-disembowelment”)also called hara-kiri, also spelled harakiri, the honourable method of taking one's own life practiced by men of the samurai (military) class in feudal Japan], at the CMP parking lot this evening at 1800.
Whether this ceremony will be performed by M1911 employees, CMP management, unhappy forum posters, whiners, gripers, trolls, or people who just want to join in the festivity is unknown at this time.
In any event, the usual commentary should continue from the 10% who are NEVER happy about anything.
Signup sheet will be posted near the main entrance.
I do expect to be flamed by the usual suspects.
*There will be snacks and an open bar for observers.
**I am hoping to get a low number, if the Generator picks me!
Old 10-05-2018, 01:07 PM

while I can see what you mean by the "tone" to me I'm just grateful the forum is here. I felt the instructions were clear on submission of proper documentation. I did so...I mailed my form as I always mail my form with additionally adding all fresh and updated documents and my FFL copy, and I am sitting back and waiting. Great opportunity to even be offered a 1911 handed off to the CMP from the US Government. A lot of customers are in a way asking too much and prying for every little detail and it stirs the cmp political pot. I dont typically care for the details and the rules to me were simple. I send in paperwork between this date and that date, and if I am selected I will contacted and I can choose from available grades. If not better luck next time.

As far as PR on the forum...I understand everyone is excited about being in the lottery and we all have 100 questions each we want answered but why not just sit back and let them do their jobs. we will get our pistols if we filed the paper work correctly and our number is drawn. Lets not get complacent and take for granted that we are being offered military surplus weapons from uncle sam through this program. The CMP does always make it right for the customer and I feel they always will.
Thank you CMP Staff and Management for everything
Closed Thread