Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2019, 09:44 PM

13243, but today CMP custom shop called and said my tanker conversion was ready to ship, so that is my alternative purchase.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:12 PM

I’m at 3462 & no call,, yet. My oldest just got 13xxx sooo he’s not waiting. 22RF- Stiller Trident receiver,Shilen barrel, tuner, Leupold 45X scope,etc. We’re into bi-weekly benchrest summer& winter so always something to do.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:10 AM

Default Congratulations to everyone,

who has successfully a acquired a CMP 1911. What a great program! I do not know my CMP status yet, so I got one of these last week.

Old 04-01-2019, 11:27 AM

My number is in the 18,000s so at best I won’t get one till batch #3. So I ended up feeding my need with a nice little package deal from my LGS on a 1959 vintage S&W Mdl 37 airweight, a Star BKS 9mm (it’s sort of a 1911) and a Lithgow 1942 Enfield No 1 Mk III* that has been strip sporterized, but can easily be restored to full military trim. I think those will keep me busy for a little while.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:10 PM

Teampb, You gotta love those big N Frame Smiths. I believe the picture you shared is of a Model 28, but I could not tell for sure.

I was blessed to of just acquired a very nice Model 29-2 factory nickel with a 4" barrel, a beautiful blued Model 25-2 in .45 ACP, and an old .44 Hand Ejector Triple Lock.

Enjoy your new revolver. It also looks as though you have a nice protector dog by your side and in your home.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamarw View Post
Teampb, You gotta love those big N Frame Smiths. I believe the picture you shared is of a Model 28, but I could not tell for sure.

I was blessed to of just acquired a very nice Model 29-2 factory nickel with a 4" barrel, a beautiful blued Model 25-2 in .45 ACP, and an old .44 Hand Ejector Triple Lock.

Enjoy your new revolver. It also looks as though you have a nice protector dog by your side and in your home.
If .38 SPL it's a S&W Model 15. If .22Cal it's a Model 18.

Although the pooch looks to be built on an "N" Frame
Old 04-01-2019, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guncotton View Post
If .38 SPL it's a S&W Model 15. If .22Cal it's a Model 18.

Although the pooch looks to be built on an "N" Frame
The pooch is Eddy. He is a mini-mastiff/boxer/pit mix. He's 5 and his new to him Combat Masterpiece is a 1951 pre-15. A classic American mutt and a classic American Smith & Wesson .38. I'm very lucky to have both.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:48 PM

Default My consolation prize for 2019

My number won't come up this round, which I had intended to be the cue for an M1 Carbine purchase. Alas, cash is kinda tight just now, so the carbine has to wait too.

But then I saw it. I fell in love. I HAD to have it, regardless of cost! IT WILL BE MINE!!! So I dropped the cash with no regrets. Don't judge unless you've been there, 'K?

Ain't she pretty? Full-auto mayhem is MINE!!! And it only cost me $250 shipped!

(Wait... what???)

Meet the Umarex Legends MP, an all-metal, full-auto replica airgun with a blowback reciprocating bolt. Actually it's select-fire, the switch is hidden underneath. It runs on two 12g CO2 cartridges and steel BBs. Now that's some cheap ammo! Oh, and automatic airguns do NOT require a license and are legal in most states!

Folks, this is not your father's airgun. It weighs within an ounce or so of a loaded MP40, heavy metal and accurately built. I got the Weathered version, $20 extra and includes a sling. The new one looks TOO new, this is a replica 1940's weapon and it's supposed to be old and used. You could carry this in a movie for your close-ups, show it to someone and they get that respectfully awed look.

Yeah it looks nice, but this is for SHOOTING and that is an awesome experience! Extend the stock, smooth and tight. Lock in a magazine, pull the bolt to load. Aim and FIRE and the blowback provides recoil. The popping sound is satisfying if not as loud as 9mm and the cyclic rate is right. It's just stupidly fun to shoot.

Here's a SHORT video clip, my helper turned to look at the target (argh) but you get a few seconds worth.

https://wavingtree.smugmug.com/Umare...MP40/i-2bdCjWK

It fires at a respectable 450 FPS. That and the bolt blowback eat a lot of gas, but I get 3-4 mag reloads before changing CO2. That's $1.00 in CO2 and diddly in BBs for three magazines of RATATATATATAT!

It's not the full 9mm experience, but it's a damn sight cheaper than spending thousands for a gin-u-wine MP40. Cheap to feed, legal, kids can shoot it... what's not to love?

So that's what my alternate purchase turned out to be! It's not a firearm and not genuine, but it's loads of fun and is a great addition to my WWII militaria.

These run $200 MSRP, ~$20 more for weathered. The weathered ones are not available in the US at this time, so I got mine from Canada. The repro carry case is from Amazon, holds the gun and two mags. I use the extra mag pockets for CO2 and BBs, loading assist tool and CO2 wrench.

If you buy one, be advised! This really spews steel BBs and they will clog up a clay-backed trap quick, then start bouncing off each other. Still experimenting to make a trap/backstop that can handle being machine-gunned! If you can shoot outdoors, no worries.

Thank you for your kind attention!

Last edited by Tiki Mon; 04-23-2019 at 02:51 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:04 PM

Tiki Mon you got it. When we were young ( a long time ago ) , my friends and I always talked about a Tommy Gun BB Gun. And there it is!
Old 04-23-2019, 03:04 PM

Thank you, sir Tiki, for posting. That is a fantastic piece of machinery!