Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2019, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckindenver View Post
the fact that you need to fill out the card, and send it in.. gives them an out.
as well as doing it 10 days from the purchase date.
im not a lawer.
but...if they wanted to tell anyone SOL. this is a way out.
not many will actually fill out the card and send it in.
but will be quick to call with a warranty issue when it comes up.
iv learned , if its mine, and im going to use it.. fill it out, send it in, take a copy of it..
purchase of a Drier with a life time warranty. cured me of this.
went out within 2 years of purchase.
I called them, they asked if I had sent in the proof or purchase with the warranty card. as they didn't have it on file.
so...yes, I did. and heres the copy..
ok.. will have someone right out to fix it..
had I not. I would have been SOL
Yep! That's why I put that bad boy in the mail box today
Old 01-10-2019, 12:39 AM

Unfortunately, the world is now run by lawyers and corporate bean counters, looking to squeeze every nickel instead of honest Gentlemen and Ladies.... I have an interest in this outcome, as I only need a scope to finish my M1903A1 USMC Sniper.

Hi Lux, like many outfits selling China/foreign sourced goods, probably doesn't have a battery of skilled technicians sitting around waiting for warranty repairs to come in. They sell a pre-boxed product, and probably have limited parts and equipment to make repairs. The people building the product are probably lowly paid and new to optics - but that's the trade off for affordable prices vs. original Unertl.

This doesn't sound repairable - and they hopefully will come up with a satisfactory solution. I would take a "refurb" as long as it worked 100% for what I needed it to do and was not too ugly, and be happy if it brought a happy conclusion to my project with good results and an accurate rifle.

That scope had to have been bent at the factory, and shipped without inspection, obviously. I don't believe it bent in the box. Phone order takers have been known to speculate on things they have no knowledge of . Hope you get satisfied - let us know. CC
Old 01-10-2019, 09:52 AM

Default warranty card

You know, I had forgotten about that card. I did in fact fill out that warranty card back when I bought it sitting at my desk at work. Now, within 10 days..."maybe". I hadn't given them any of my information yesterday, maybe they'll feel better about it all if they find me in their system.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:38 AM

I'm not sure how they can even prove you sent it in within the 10 days. No where on the fourm did it ask for a copy of the sales slip or proof a purchase. I think if they look you up that should help the situation. Good luck
Old 01-10-2019, 11:47 AM

The scope is made in China. Likely they have no repair parts at all. They may have a few returns, but no spares as such. They can not return it to the factory and likely the factory only manufactures scopes, no repair work, either. Hi Lux has no interest in this thing at all. Good luck.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calif-Steve View Post
The scope is made in China. Likely they have no repair parts at all. They may have a few returns, but no spares as such. They can not return it to the factory and likely the factory only manufactures scopes, no repair work, either. Hi Lux has no interest in this thing at all. Good luck.
You're probably right, but they SHOULD have an interest in customer satisfaction if they want to grow sales. They may not WANT to do repairs or stock repair parts, but if they want happy customers they should.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:02 PM

You are correct. They should be concerned about their customers. But a small operator has little money to do everything. Tough road and guys should be aware of these pitfalls.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:29 PM

I can say, iv had great experience with Hi Lux in the past, as soon as I talked with the right person, it was taken care of.
they have sent me a lot of bits for free in the past, and stepped up even when it was the users fault.
they do have some parts as well as repair on sight.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:39 PM

And that is WHY it is important to send it the dang warranty card when you buy anything with a warranty. If it breaks, or has a defect the manufacturer wants to know that the right person holds ownership in the required timeframe. If you get hurt on the job do you wait days or weeks to report it? If you buy a new motor vehicle does the dealer give you a warranty card and tell you to send it in within 10 days? It always cracks me up when someone has a firearm and inside the box is a warranty card that should have been sent in when the firearm was first sold. I guess they figure if they keep the card the warranty will still be valid when sent in 10 or 15 years after the fact. Good grief this isn't rocket science...

Rick H.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:55 PM

Relax with the stupid warranty cards.
Courts have consistently found that a manufacturer can't deny warranty service based on the warranty card.
Proof of purchase will generally be required.
On a related note, most companies know part of their value is their customer service. If they look for reasons to not even get the item in to examine then maybe they don't need your business.

JH

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread