Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2019, 04:57 PM

I’ve been wearing these in Florida. I have 7 or 8 pairs of them. Wear them daily for 2 years. No signs of wear. Light weight, breathable, if they get wet they dry quickly.

https://lapolicegear.com/lapg-shrike-tactical-pant.html
Old 05-22-2019, 05:06 PM

My vote is for Duluth flex. I use them year round and don't think they can be beat.
Not cheap, but I get overheated quick and they have done the trick. No T shirt in hot weather either. Nice cool Hawaii cotton is the way to go.
See ya at Camp Perry. Not shooting , but sure do enjoy watching those that do.
RVN 67-68
Old 05-23-2019, 07:22 AM

The Daluthe Trading Post pants are very nice and comfortable. They make quality products, but are expensive. If you register an account with them, the will send you emails with sales. You should be able to get those pants at 20-30% off if you keep a watch.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:43 AM

dealing with skin cancer now...and can blistered in a snow storm..I found Columbia makes some very light weight long sleeved shirts..with some sort of pf built in..vented back and comfortable..alos a couple of hats the same way..have a long billed ball cap type with the back neck cover that works well but stays out the way of sighting..
Old 05-25-2019, 05:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to muddy Send a message via MSN to muddy Send a message via Yahoo to muddy
Default The best shooting pants

Hi-I swear by a German brand pant. They brand is named Kuhl and the best selection is the Revolver pant. Cool and light and lots of pockets. Super comfortable. Not cheap but the best. Take a look via the web or at REI and high end outdoors shops. Good luck- muddy
Old 05-27-2019, 09:29 AM

Army surplus DCUs, or ACUs. If you can find some, and IF you can fit in them. First time I put on DCUs I thought I was wearing pajama pants.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy View Post
Hi-I swear by a German brand pant. They brand is named Kuhl and the best selection is the Revolver pant. Cool and light and lots of pockets. Super comfortable. Not cheap but the best. Take a look via the web or at REI and high end outdoors shops. Good luck- muddy
+1 on these pants as well. The "radikl" versions have some 4 way stretch material allowing for super mobility and breathability. I've owned mine for 4 years and they are still holding strong.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:11 AM

after being in the desert back in 2004 I have worn long sleeve shirts an lite combat pants, because one- don't want the sunburn. look after your skin don't damage it any more than you need to , also a boney hat helps to. any clothing that doesn't restrict movement. just make sure you hydrate before, during an after the days shooting!
Old 05-30-2019, 05:14 PM

A long skirt.
I'm NOT kidding.

My Feedback Thread
Old 05-30-2019, 09:50 PM

Light weight Khaki pants like Duluth dry on the fly.

Long sleeve shirt, I like sunblocking fishing shirts.

Boonie hat.

Cooling towel. wear around neck during scoring etc to protect back of neck from sunburn.

SPF lip balm...nothing worse than sunburned lip.

Sun glasses, nice for pits as staring at bright target waiting for holes without them sucks.

Last two yrs have been pretty mild heat/humidity wise ....hope for the same this yr.