Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2019, 10:58 AM

Arizona just passed the same law, requiring online retailers without an in-state presence to begin collecting sales tax.

Effective October 1, 2019, Arizona law requires out-of-state online retailers doing business in the state, where no connection had previously been established, to file and pay transaction privilege tax to the Arizona Department of Revenue (ADOR).
Old 06-07-2019, 12:31 PM

Consider this probably outdated as more states are enacting sales tax collection but give an idea of what's involved.

Best to say there are only two types of out of state sales at this point...those that have sales tax added, and those that will have sales tax added in the near future.

https://sovos.com/blog/2018/10/17/li...-requirements/
Old 06-07-2019, 03:10 PM

In GA, some charge me and others don't. I have no idea why/why not. As a good citizen, I send cash to those that don't charge me.
*I am lying about sending $$$
Old 06-07-2019, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJ50 View Post
In GA, some charge me and others don't. I have no idea why/why not. As a good citizen, I send cash to those that don't charge me.
*I am lying about sending $$$
the link in the post above yours does a great job of outlying the requirements by state of who needs to collect the sales tax. Those that do not charge you are either are below the threshold requiring them to collect the sales tax or have no idea there is a requirement. I'm guessing they have no idea.

The times are changing.....what an administrative nightmare for these companies that sell over the internet.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:32 PM

down right theft.