Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2019, 08:13 PM

Default M1 D question

What do you think a fair price for an M1 D that came complete from the DCM or CMP would be? Scope, mount, cheek pad, box, certificate, etc.
Thank you.
Old 06-06-2019, 09:03 PM

Need more details. Condition, manufacturer, etc.
Old 06-06-2019, 09:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemFan2 View Post
What do you think a fair price for an M1 D that came complete from the DCM or CMP would be? Scope, mount, cheek pad, box, certificate, etc.
Thank you.
Is this the package they sold with all the packaged sealed accesories? Similar to this.... https://imgur.com/a/kLSlQ
CMP was selling M1D's a few years back that came with loose original mount, scope, and cheek pad(perhaps other parts) for what I think was $2800.

Last edited by Shomway; 06-07-2019 at 07:15 AM.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:24 PM

Shomway,

The photos that you posted appear to be of the M1D lottery rifles from the mid-1990s. The paperwork on the far right in the first photo is dated 7/96 which as I recall was about the date of the lottery, and the paperwork in the center appears to be dated in 2004 and my interpretation is that it is possibly documenting the sale of the M1D by the original lottery winner to another party at the later date. I have several of the M1D lottery rifles that I purchased many years ago from the original lottery winners thru Culver's forum and the packaging is identical to that in the photos.
My opinion is that an original M1D from the lottery with all of the paperwork and original packaging is worth in the $4500.00 range if unfired, or maybe even if fired some. On the other hand, that number could just be wishful thinking on my part!
Old 06-07-2019, 07:31 AM

Sorry for my vagueness with my question. Thank you Shomway and 173rd for your replies. I was mainly thinking about a Springfield that could be documented from CMP or DCM. It would be used as a shooter but now I realize in the box untouched will command higher price.
Thank you.
Old 06-07-2019, 01:56 PM

Documentation is the key to value. Without it value is a lot less