Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2011, 05:52 PM

where would I be able to obtain one of those light colored leather slings? at a gunshow? or on Ebay? or from CMP?
Old 09-21-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch134 View Post
I just got my HRA Correct Grade and trying to stick with being correct, what type of sling would this rifle have used if it was actually issued in combat (I realize this one missed Korea, but that general era)? I have seen both leather and canvas ones online but wasn't sure which would be "correct." Its 5.624M Thanks!

If you want to be cool.............go on ebay and search "M1 Garand sling". A ton of M1 web slings will come out most MRT marked with a month/year marking. Find one close to the date on the barrel but not more and all is good.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazaroo View Post
If you want to be cool.............go on ebay and search "M1 Garand sling". A ton of M1 web slings will come out most MRT marked with a month/year marking. Find one close to the date on the barrel but not more and all is good.
Don't worry about the date on web slings...M1 Garands & M1 web slings were both in guard/reserve arms rooms/armories concurrently into the seventies...& when it came to a sling, PFC Joe Snuffy just reached into the sling drawer and handed the troopie being issued the weapon whatever sling came to hand...regardless of date or MRT markings...if it was serviceable it was issued!!!

Old 09-28-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRode View Post
Don't worry about the date on web slings...M1 Garands & M1 web slings were both in guard/reserve arms rooms/armories concurrently into the seventies...& when it came to a sling, PFC Joe Snuffy just reached into the sling drawer and handed the troopie being issued the weapon whatever sling came to hand...regardless of date or MRT markings...if it was serviceable it was issued!!!

It was just a suggestion. I just like having matching canvas at least from the same year for my stuff because I'm a wingnut.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:30 PM

Default ++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazaroo View Post
It was just a suggestion. I just like having matching canvas at least from the same year for my stuff because I'm a wingnut.
I'm with you. I put a 1943 Hickok leather sling on my 1.5mil SA.

Tags
correct sling, m1 garand, sling