Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2012, 07:58 AM

Default WTS/WTT USGI M1 Carbine Barrels

It's time to clear the stash of parts I'll never use, starting with Carbine barrels. I got a bunch of them a while back, I'm keeping a few, and offering the rest for sale. None of these are import marked, none have sights, none have barrel bands. All have gas pistons which move freely. I believe they're all from CMP guns, via Dupage. I've listed prices, but quite frankly, I really have no idea what to ask, since carbine barrels don't come up for sale very often, and the ones selling on Ebay and Gunbroker are, in my opinion, way overpriced (I'd be embarassed to ask that much here, quite frankly). If I'm too high here, I'll eventually put them up on the auction sites, since I like money as much as the next guy, haha.

I'd consider any reasonable offer, or would be interested in trades. I need Garand op rods, receivers, WRA parts, USGI stocks, or early or hard to find parts. Carbine receivers or barreled receivers, stocks, or internals. I need a 1917 barrel and bolt to "re-activate" a drill rifle. AR parts kits, M14 parts kits...I guess I'll add stuff as I think of it.

1)Buffalo Arms? I think it's a Buffalo Arms barrel, as there's a visible "...RMS" on the barrel where the manufacturer's stamp would be, and I don't think any other manufacturer had "RMS" in their barrel stamp. The ME is over 3, the bore is in pretty good condition, although there's some "debris" in the grooves. It has a swaged on gas cylinder and an unmarked piston that moves freely, and a long skirt. There's heavy pitting on the exterior, a bit back from the muzzle, in the area where the manufacturer's mark would go. There's also a "P" proof and punch mark on the barrel, and some markings near the receiver end; some numbers and letters on the top, and an ordnance wheel and crossed cannons and an "M" on the flat. Based on the barrel condition, I'd say it'd probably make for a decent plinker, but it'll likely never be a match rifle. $100.

Some more photos

2) Inland 11/44 barrel.SPF There's a "P" proof on the barrel, a swaged gas cylinder and a "WI" marked piston that moves freely, and a short skirt. It has the typical "Inland Hieroglyphics" on the flat. ME is pretty close to 1, the bore is bright, with some light debris in the grooves. It has some light surface rust but not much pitting, most of it came off with a toothbrush and some Kroil. The finish is pretty good, and in my opinion, it would probably be fantastic with a repark. $200.
Some more photos

3) Inland, unmarked, based on the "Inland Hieroglyphics" on the flat. MW is 3+, but it doesn't swallow a CMP gauge. There's a faint "P" on the barrel. It has a swaged gas cylinder, and an unmarked piston that moves freely, and a long skirt. There's an "A" on the top at the receiver end, and some peen marks by the muzzle. The bore is pitted thoughout, but not a dark "sewer pipe," more like "heavily frosted." $100.

More Pictures

4) Inland, unmarked, SPF based on "Inland Hieroglyphics" on flat. Shortened and recrowned, swallows CMP gauge. (2) "P" proofs on barrel, swaged gas cylinder, with an "LG" marked piston that moves freely. Short barrel skirt, bright bore with slight debris. As it's shortened, it's pretty much useless for a restoration, but would probably make for a decent custom/scout rifle/pistol, etc project. $35.

More Pictures

5) Winchester? SPF Unknown manufacturer, no manufacturer's marking or date; my best guess is Winchester, based on similar markings on other WRA barrels I have, but I'm far from certain, that's just a best guess. It did originally have a Winchester front sight on it. ME is just about 1, the bore is shiny, with light debris in grooves. It's forged, with an unmarked piston that moves freely. There's an "A" mark on the top near the receiver end, and an ordnance "flaming bomb" on the side of the gas cylinder. I believe it's slightly bulged, near the barrel end, but back from the muzzle...nothing I can see, but it can be felt, barely, on the exterior. The barrel has a short skirt. $100.
More Pictures

6) Unknown manufacturer, I thought it was an IBM, I'm told it might be SA, due to the "B" and Ordnance wheel/crossed cannons on barrel flat. ME is around 3, it doesn't swallow a gauge. It has a swaged gas cylinder and an unmarked piston that moves freely. The bore is shiny, with light debris in the grooves. There's a partial "P" proof on the barrel. It has a short skirt, and the finish is even, but has light surface pitting. $125.

More Pictures

7) Winchester? SPF Unknown manufacturer, my best guess is WRA, due to similar markings to other WRA barrels and what I think is a faint "W" on the top of the barrel, and the fact it had a Winchester front sight on it. MW is over 3. It's forged gas cylinder with an unmarked piston that moves freely, and an ordnance flaming bomb on the side. Short skirt, shiny bore with slight debris in the grooves. There's possibly a slight bulge near the barrel, that can be felt more than seen. $100.
More Pictures

Prices include shipping, Priority Mail insured with Delivery Confirmation. Payment by Postal MO, Personal Check (will ship after it clears), or Paypal (either gift or you pay the fees).

Last edited by dpd3672; 03-09-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:16 AM

Just to let you know, your IBM barrel is not an IBM. They used an intregal gas cylinder,I cut front sight slot and the barrel crown was flat. I think it may be a SA barrel due to the crossed cannons stamp.

Last edited by lbelflowers; 03-03-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbelflowers View Post
Just to let you know, your IBM barrel is not an IBM. They used an intregal gas cylinder,I cut front sight slot and the barrel crown was flat. I think it may be a SA barrel due to the crossed cannons stamp.
Thanks for the information, I updated the description.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:08 AM

2,5, and 7 SPF, bump to the top. Whatever doesn't sell by the weekend is off to GB. I'm open to reasonable offers or trades.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:16 PM

BTT for the weekend, prices lowered, and still open to trades or offers.

If ithey don't sell by the end of the weekend, it's off to the auction sites. Thanks for the interest and sales so far.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Banned

PM sent.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:57 PM

2,4,5,7 SPF.

1,3,6 still available.

PM incoming tenOC.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:39 AM

SPF barrels shipped out on Saturday, PMs with tracking numbers will be sent out today, after work and my morning nap (I've been up all night).

The 3 remaining available until I list them on the auction site. Make an offer if interested, I hate dealing with auction sites.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:22 PM

Posting for feedback. Thanks!
Old 11-03-2012, 02:13 AM

You got it, thanks!

Tags
barrel, carbine