Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
So now it is a "Thank You". Wow, a new Political Correct Word . No to Thank You too! If you cannot take the time to type a knowledgeable response to any post then you have nothing to say. I like reading what People say so I look foreword to that. PM the poster if you just like it and cannot comment on the post. Make them happy!! And make the rest of us happy too.
Greyfox
Huh? Some of you get fired up about very odd things. I'm also starting to worry that if CMP did approve this there would be wave of people's heads exploding across the country. I wonder if it has anything to do with the snow and some of you not being able to yell at people to get off your lawns.

Still waiting for a logical argument why being able to "thank" (or "like," if you will) individual posts is bad in any way. Saying "this isn't Facebook!" or "we didn't have it when I grew up on the forum!" does not constitute an argument.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:17 AM

Why do you not want to PM and+1? What is your logical explanation for not doing that. Please do not tell me that it takes more than one keystroke ether.
Greyfox
PS. Thanks for the kind words? You watch Grand Torino too?

Last edited by Greyfox; 11-24-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Why do you not want to PM and+1? What is your logical explanation for not doing that. Please do not tell me that it takes more than one keystroke ether.
Greyfox
I'll answer yours assuming you plan on answering mine too. Both of those suggestions are contrary to your statement that this should be a data repository for collectors. Posting "+1" fills up threads with useless clutter. Do you want to scroll through those to get to actual data?

Sending PMs fills up already too tiny inboxes and deprives the rest of the forum from if you agree with someone's post. How often have you sent Thank You PMs? People don't take the time to do it. And since you brought it up, I also think it's valid to point out a 1 click thank you is very handy. That's why I've asked for it!

Your turn.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Greyfox
PS. Thanks for the kind words? You watch Grand Torino too?
Greyfox, if you follow this real carefully maybe you will understand. If I am in agreement with your post and want to express my approval there is a little button that I press and the forum software automatically generates a "Punch the Clown says Thank You for this informative post". If others hit the same button it merely adds their handle to the list in the same post. When you read a thread you no longer have to filter out all the thumbs ups, +1's, +10, +1000000000 etc. The feature is already an integral part of the forum's software. All it takes is the flip of a switch from the Administrator to activate it.
Why have the "quote" switch? when you can just cut and paste? Why have the insert photo feature when you can do it in html? It is merely a stepsaver and a streamliner like the dozen or more other forum features.
I cannot believe the amount of resistance and the dis-respect some people have been showing towards Josh aka Blockhead for suggesting a small improvement. I didn't think this was the Mensa forum but some people here seem to belong in the window lickers forum.

Last edited by Punch the Clown; 11-24-2014 at 11:03 AM.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:01 AM

You can take the time to delete one and all PM's in your inbox to open up space!. You have control over that. So one click "Instant Gratification" is your only reason. You don't even have to think to do that. Thinking for yourself is a great thing to do.So I am suppose to be like an Ant going to the Sugar Bowl of Likes or Thank You's. Sorry but your "One Click" instant gratification is a sorry excuse to change this Form. And that is the bottom line!!!
Did you see Grand Torino? Maybe some one could post a picture of Clint and his M1 kicking people off his lawn. A little Humor is good for you.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:19 AM

Punch the Clown
Thank you too for the fine kind words because I am not falling in line with you. I seem to be on the "dis- Respect " list too.
The answer is still "NO". Never been on ether one of those forms. That is not nice to talk about you Grandparents or Parents if window licking is what it sounds like to me. Dis Respect ?
No we do not need it!
Greyfox
Old 11-24-2014, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Closed
Old 11-25-2014, 02:30 PM
Forum Webmaster

Unless folks want to start paying for the forum or seeing ads on it like other sites, Were going to keep it plain. Plain and free.
Closed Thread