Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2015, 09:35 PM

Hello to all and I thank every one of you for your great reply's. I had a gut feeling this forum would be like this, what a great welcome. To all, I live inside the Beltway, blah, Alexandria to be exact. RVN, I sincerely thank you but I am out of shape shooting the long rifle with iron sites. I'm pretty sure I could hit a three foot circle at 200 yards but I need to practice a lot.

Question, do any of the matches use scoped military rifles?

Another obstacle, scheduling. I work this Saturday and I just got a great deal on a like new Accuracy International in 7.62x51 and a friend has invited me to his farm down South on Sunday to stretch its' legs out along side my 40-xb and his wife is making my favorite Lasagna as an early Birthday present which is Monday, and I'm Garfield when it comes to Italian food!

Once again, thank you to everyone.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:40 AM

Default Matches

Quote:
Originally Posted by YF12A View Post
Hello to all and I thank every one of you for your great reply's. I had a gut feeling this forum would be like this, what a great welcome. To all, I live inside the Beltway, blah, Alexandria to be exact. RVN, I sincerely thank you but I am out of shape shooting the long rifle with iron sites. I'm pretty sure I could hit a three foot circle at 200 yards but I need to practice a lot.

Question, do any of the matches use scoped military rifles?

Another obstacle, scheduling. I work this Saturday and I just got a great deal on a like new Accuracy International in 7.62x51 and a friend has invited me to his farm down South on Sunday to stretch its' legs out along side my 40-xb and his wife is making my favorite Lasagna as an early Birthday present which is Monday, and I'm Garfield when it comes to Italian food!

Once again, thank you to everyone.
Have fun.....a lot of the monthly matches (normally on the third Saturday of each month unless weather prohibits) are just FUN matches and one can shoot what they want. And NO....there are NO scoped Military matches specifically...but some shooters DO bring scoped weapons just to have fun and practice.

Now at QUANTICO they DO have scoped Military matches where they shoot 600 and 1000 yards. THAT is fun.