Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > NM Collector CMP Edition Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 06:19 PM

iReport 3.6.1 works OK from the menus. 5.0.1 definitely will not work. You should probably make that more explicit on the web site. You know how people like to use the latest stuff . . .

Bill
Old 03-07-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbore805 View Post
iReport 3.6.1 works OK from the menus. 5.0.1 definitely will not work. You should probably make that more explicit on the web site. You know how people like to use the latest stuff . . .

Bill
I see your point. Currently the page reads as follows:

Quote:

NM Collector Software uses version 3.6.1 of JasperSoft iReport to develop reports. You can use it as well to develop your own reports against the NM Collector database. It's up to you to learn how to use iReport to develop your own custom reports. However, I found connecting to the database to be the most confusing step with using iReport so, to help get you started, here are iReport Database Connection Instructions.
Perhaps I should change it to something like this:

Quote:

NM Collector Software uses version 3.6.1 of JasperSoft iReport to develop reports. You can use it as well to develop your own reports against the NM Collector database. It's up to you to learn how to use iReport to develop your own custom reports. However, I found connecting to the database to be the most confusing step with using iReport so, to help get you started, here are iReport Database Connection Instructions.

NOTE: REPORTS CREATED USING LATER VERSIONS of iReport CANNOT BE CALLED FROM WITHIN NM COLLECTOR.
Do you think that will help?

Thanks,
Old 03-08-2013, 10:08 AM

I would say that reports "created or modified" won't work. I also recommend that users put their new and modified reports in a separate directory from the standard ones. That keeps the original directory clean and you won't have to restore multiple times from the zip file. Don't ask how I know that.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
I would say that reports "created or modified" won't work. I also recommend that users put their new and modified reports in a separate directory from the standard ones. That keeps the original directory clean and you won't have to restore multiple times from the zip file. Don't ask how I know that.
Do you mean that the wording should read something like the following? "... reports created or modifed by later versions of iReport won't work ... "

I ask this because it sounds like you are saying no created or modified reports will work.

Thanks,
Old 03-12-2013, 10:24 AM

My tests showed that a report opened and saved in iReport 5.0.1 would wreck it for use in nmCollector. The recompile/save step adds in all the undesirable features. I think it would be important to guide users to the older version.

It may be that other older versions (there are a lot) will work but that will be left as an exercise for someone else.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:
It may be that other older versions (there are a lot) will work but that will be left as an exercise for someone else.
Or they could just use version 3.6.1 of JasperSoft iReport to develop reports as we all know it works.

Thanks,