Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > NM Collector CMP Edition Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2013, 08:13 PM

Thumbs up New Featurs - Simpler User Interface

The new beta version of NM Collector Software sports a new simpler user interface option that automatically saves your changes, allows pictures to be dragged from your file system and dropped into the pictures tab, copy/paste and more:.

Here are some screen shots:

Simplified User Interface for those who do not want to confirm every change. NM Collector now saves every change automatically. Buttons allow you to manually save at any time as well.

You can now drag and drop one or more pictures directly into the software!

Select Which Pictures Will Appear in Reports using a new "Include in Reports" flag for each picture. (Reports have not yet been updated but are coming soon.)

New Links Tab which allows you to link to any document, picture or other link on your desktop or on the web using drag and drop or manual edits. Selecting a row and clicking the "Open Link" button will actually open the source in whatever tool makes the most sense for the link and your computer. For my computer, html links are opened in Mozilla, PDF docs are opened by Adobe Reader, Word documents are opened with Open Office, and so on.

Copy and Paste to and from any notes field through a right click popup menu.

Clarified Confirmation Buttons for those who prefer the old User Interface functionality it is still available by unchecking [Options > Automatically Apply Changes]. "Keep" is renamed to "Apply" and "Write" is now "Save."

Improved Font and Background Customization and field resizing to better accommodate small high resolution
screens (such as Windows Surface Screens). If you have a small high resolution screen you can now set the fonts to a
more readable size. Added "Change All Fonts" Option to easily adjust the size of all fonts at once.

Added Note Fields to Receipts and Dispositions Tabs.

Other changes not pictured include:

• Drop down field size expanded from 32 characters to 64
  • Maximum dollar value increased and cents no longer truncated.
  • Removed image size limitations
  • Made Editing of Captions Clearer by removing the border around each caption when not editing.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:11 PM

Is this beta version available for Mac? Thanks..
Old 12-29-2013, 08:55 PM

Thumbs up How to run the beta on a mac - I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacKC View Post
Is this beta version available for Mac? Thanks..
I have not built an "App" for the Mac yet. However, I can run it on my mac by downloading the NMCollectorJE6_v3_Beta2.jar file to the same directory where nmCollectorJE.app exists. Then, when I double click on the NMCollectorJE6_v3_Beta2.jar file it actually runs on my MacBook.

I do not know if it will work for your mac. Will you please let me know if it works for you?

Thanks

Last edited by nmCollector; 12-30-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:44 AM

I have a new Air running Mavericks, I'll give it a shot and let you know if I managed to get it running.. Thanks for responding..

Jack
Old 12-30-2013, 10:42 AM

Default Thanks

Quote:
I have a new Air running Mavericks, I'll give it a shot and let you know if I managed to get it running.. Thanks for responding..

Jack
Thanks. My MacBook just missed the cutoff manufacture date for qualifying for the mavericks upgrade. Since I am not sure how many mac users I have I am not sure it is worth the cost to buy a new one.

Since I haven't officially built the app for the Mac yet, you will have to go through GateKeeper on your mac to allow it to download. I have found my Mac will act like it downloaded the application but it does not bring down the entire file so it will not run unless you first change your GateKeeper settings. You can find the instructions for telling your Mac to allow my beta to load on your Mac here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5290

Also, you will need to install a "lib" directory in the same directory where nmCollectorJE.app exists. It is not required for the Mac when I build the Mac application but in order for you to use this beta jar version you will need the files in that folder. You can get it here: http://www.nmcollectorsoftware.com/betaTesters/lib.zip

Or you can wait until I build the actual Mac upgrade application.

Thanks again,

Last edited by nmCollector; 12-30-2013 at 01:50 PM. Reason: provide more information
Old 12-30-2013, 06:32 PM

Think I might actually do just that and wait..
Old 12-30-2013, 07:50 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Think I might actually do just that and wait..
That's probably the best. I have been testing on my Mac all day. I have encountered and resolved several issues on the Mac that were not issues on the PC. I still have a major issue to go which has to do with accessing files on the file system. All is well with Windows but not on the Mac.