Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > NM Collector CMP Edition Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2013, 10:27 AM

Default Microsoft Excel interface with NM Collector

Hello. I currently track my firearms collection using Microsoft Excel and was wondering if that info could be easily moved in to NM C or My Gun DB

Thanks
Greg
Old 12-23-2013, 05:48 PM

Thumbs up Importing from Excel into NM Collector Software

I can't speak for My Gun DB but I can speak for NM Collector Software. Yes, you can import from Excel into NM Collector Software. The secret is to get the right data in the right columns for what NM Collector Software is expecting to import. Here are step by step instructions with screen captures: http://www.nmcollectorsoftware.com/e...omSpreadsheet/

Thanks,
Old 12-23-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfguns View Post
Hello. I currently track my firearms collection using Microsoft Excel and was wondering if that info could be easily moved in to NM C or My Gun DB

Thanks
Greg
Yes, you can import it as a .csv file into MyGunDB and NM Collector -- in MyGunDB you'll be able to arrange the order of your fields when you start the import.

Last edited by wolfrage; 12-24-2013 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Removed my sig as this is Clay's forum
Old 12-24-2013, 09:46 AM

Thanks NM Collector and Wolfrage

I have been wanting to get one of these programs for a while because I like the idea of having my pictures in the same database as the description and I just like gadgets. I am not a software or computer guru but I can get some help from one my kids if I get stuck. Thanks for all of your help

Greg
Old 12-24-2013, 10:49 AM

Smile Please consider trying the beta :)

Quote:

I have been wanting to get one of these programs for a while because I like the idea of having my pictures in the same database as the description and I just like gadgets. I am not a software or computer guru but I can get some help from one my kids if I get stuck. Thanks for all of your help

Greg
You're welcome. :^)

Why don't you give my new beta a try? The official release will be coming out soon, hopefully by new year's day or shortly after. In order to use the beta you need to first install the current version of NM Collector Software and then download the beta to the same installation directory and run it from there. You can find more information about the new features here: http://www.nmcollectorsoftware.com/beta/ and instructions about how to download it here: http://www.nmcollectorsoftware.com/betaTesters/.

BTW, you can always email me or post here for help and/or feedback as well. Like Wolfrage, I appreciate the feedback but, since my software is for multiple collections, I can't guarantee that I can implement every suggestion. If not, I will certainly give you a reason why and a suggested alternative.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:

Greg
It's a great idea - digitizing your collection makes it easy to have any info your insurance company may need, allows you to update your collection easily, and see what your investment is at a glance.