Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2010, 01:51 PM

bsrman36,

There's nothing wrong with the rifle that a good gunsmith can't fix.
It has the worst trigger ever put on a rifle that claimed to be a target gun. The sights are useless because you have to loosen and then tighten set screws to adjust them. They are not repeatable.

That being said, I own two. One of the guys at my gun club shoots in the 96% range with a stock rifle with just a bit of trigger work in our weekly 50 yard prone matches.

Enjoy it.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in Michigan View Post
bsrman36,

There's nothing wrong with the rifle that a good gunsmith can't fix.
It has the worst trigger ever put on a rifle that claimed to be a target gun. The sights are useless because you have to loosen and then tighten set screws to adjust them. They are not repeatable.

That being said, I own two. One of the guys at my gun club shoots in the 96% range with a stock rifle with just a bit of trigger work in our weekly 50 yard prone matches.

Enjoy it.

This isn't supposed to be sarcastic: why do you own two of them if you don't prefer the sight setup or the trigger?
Old 06-05-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsrman36 View Post
This isn't supposed to be sarcastic: why do you own two of them if you don't prefer the sight setup or the trigger?
For the same reason I own 10 Garands and prefer to shoot competition with an AR-15 - I accumulate milsurp weapons and some are better than others for a given purpose.

Currently I field a 40X-HB in my club's 50 yard prone small bore matches. I simply find that for my purposes it is much easier for me to shoot reputable scores with. Please note that the one gentleman that shoots a 541X beats me about half the time.

Like I said, enjoy your rifle.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:56 PM

I really like the 541's as I like all milsurps...Just some I like better than others. Right now my fav milsurp .22 is a Model 12 HRA. Almost 13 lbs of real man Off Hand practice. Enjoy your rifle. What a great "GIFT"

Northland Sportsmen's Club, 2018 President
CMP Match Chairman
NRA Highpower Rifle Chairman
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Chief Range Officer